By E. Foley of Geek’s Dream Girl <movie man voice> In a world… where dating profiles read like cereal boxes… nobody gets the dates they deserve. </movie man voice> I’ve read a metric bazillion dating profiles in my time as an online dating coach and about 90% are yawn-worthy. Do you think you’re part of the other 10%? Think again.
By Erika Mionis 2010 has been a big year for movies. Sequels like Iron Man 2 and Toy Story 3 have ruled at the box office, while animated films like Despicable Me and How to Train Your Dragon have made their marks as well. Those aside, the year was also particularly crammed with many a chick flick. From romantic comedies (When in Rome, Knight and Day) to romantic dramas (Dear John, Remember Me), nearly all of the movies have had easily identifiable themes and laughs that we learned from and enjoyed.
By Jenna Barbieri This weekend at The Times Center in Manhattan, famous legends of film, theater, music and dance will join together to express their shared love for the arts at the 10th Anniversary of Arts & Leisure Weekend. Kicking off the spectacular event tonight will be none other than two-time Academy Award-winning actor-director-producer, Kevin Spacey.
After a stressful week, you just want to unwind and spend quality time away from work with your partner. What better way is there to do exactly that than by going on a road trip? Taking to the open road is bound to be an experience to remember and a great way to spend quality time with the one you love. It shouldn’t take too much planning, but in order to enjoy your journey, there are some things to keep in mind.
With new celebrity engagements comes speculation over the rings. The debate gets heated when A-listers pair with relatively unknown individuals because people question how the future groom can afford his bride’s massive diamond. Jeweler Johnny Brookheart explained to E! Online how men like Jim Toth and Eddie Cibrian purchase rings for their fiancées (Reese Witherspoon and LeAnn Rimes, respectively).
Former Proposal co-stars Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock were seen ringing in the new year at Bess Bistro in Austin, Texas,according to UsMagazine.com. Sources said the two looked “very playful” and were “smiling all the time and sometimes touching.” Reynolds, who filed for divorce from Scarlett Johannson at the end of last year after a two-year marriage, and Bullock, who’s been divorced from Jesse James since last June, may be bonding over their breakups.
By Krissy Dolor This may be a reality TV show, but Brad Womack says that his quest to find love a second time around isn’t a game. The second week of ABC’s The Bachelor is filled with drama, tears – and a stolen kiss or two – as the remaining 20 bachelorette contestants duke it out in the race for Brad’s heart. Check out this preview below to see some crazy scenes, including a black spandex-wearing Madison (and those infamous fangs).
When People asked iCarly star, Miranga Cosgrove, about her dream New Year’s smooch, she replied, “If I could pick anyone, it would be Shia LabBeouf.” Not only have the pair met, but Cosgrove also admits, “He’s really cute.” Despite her wish, the young actress was kiss-less at midnight. When it comes to turning that dream into a reality, she admits that not having a driver’s license is limiting the possibilities.
While promoting her new movie, Blue Valentine, Michelle Williams had what she calls a “devastating” experience with Nightline. E! Online reported last week that Williams didn’t like how Nightline producers edited the interview to focus almost entirely on Heath Ledger’s death.
To most people, winning an Oscar would be a dream come true. For Nicole Kidman, it’s nothing compared to winning Keith Urban’s heart. “I remember thinking, Oh, my God, if you ever gave me a man like that, I promise I would be completely devoted for the rest of my life. Something that wild,” Kidman, 43, tells guest interviewer Jennifer Aniston in February’s Harper’s Bazaar. Kidman’s prayers were answered when she and Urban got married in 2006.