4. Don't fall for the bad boy. From Justin ("Rated R") to Bentley, Kalon and Ryan, these men did not take to their season's bachelorettes. Bentley called Ashley Hebert ugly, Kalon said Emily Maynard had baggage, and Ryan came up with a list of traits for his ideal woman — which Emily did not fit. Even though the bachelorettes were warned about these heartbreakers by the other men in the house, they still gave them the benefit of the doubt. It wasn't until show producers got involved that some of these one-sided relationships ended. Emily, on the other hand, ended them all by herself. So ladies, if anyone is warning you that someone does not want you, please leave before they cause the biggest drama of your life. Go after the love you deserve.
5. You don't have to have sex to fall in love. We all know men love sex, but the guys on The Bachelorette have only kissed Emily and they're still falling in love. Whether the show is fake or not, I like that these men can build a real emotional relationship with Emily without hopping in the sack. Sex is not the only way to declare love. If these men can wait for some action, maybe yours can too.
More from YourTango: Desperate Debbie & 9 More Women That Turn Men Off
6. If he's still in the friend zone after seven weeks, throw him out. Although a "slow burn" can be very beautiful (yes, I am referencing my favorite contestant, Jef), if he is too slow, stop wasting your time. Emily learned that the hard way with Daddy Doug this week, so she let him go. She figured that if another man can sweep her off her feet, she might as well end it with the one who keeps her on the floor.
7. Travel and explore new locations together. Ashley Hebert said on Season 7 of The Bachelorette that, "Fiji is the perfect place to fall in love." And she was right, because the tropical island is where she fell in love with her fiance of one year, JP Rosenbaum. All of our bachelorettes have traveled the world with their bachelors, so why not try it out with your man? If you can't afford to or don't have time to travel the world yet, even a relaxing weekend vacation can make your feelings for each other grow stronger.
8. Verbal communication is essential in relationships. Talk out your problems with your partner because they can be solved faster when everyone is on the same page. Instead of assuming an issue is a bigger deal than it is, sit down with him and discuss it. Last night, Emily learned that Arie had a brief romance with one of the show's producers, and got mad that Arie never mentioned it. However, Emily, Arie and Cassie (the producer) all voiced their concerns in a mature conversation, learned it was all a misunderstanding and the situation blew over. The same can apply to your relationships if you talk and listen to each other's point of view.
As of now, no one knows if Emily has found love during her "journey" on The Bachelorette, but she is definitely on the right track. And maybe, with help from our Southern Belle and other bachelorettes before her, we can find love too.
What love lessons do you think there are on The Bachelorette?
More from YourTango: When Can I Call Him My Boyfriend?
Photo courtesy of ABC.