It's about time!
This is so amazing!!
After 33 combined seasons of the hit ABC series, it's been leaked that Rachel Lindsay will be the next Bachelorette. The 31-year-old beauty, who is currently still on this season's The Bachelor with Nick Viall, will be the first contestant of African American descent to headline the fan-favorite show, according to several news sources.
ABC has not commented on the speculation surrounding Lindsay’s casting, which was broken by the Reality Steve website.
The announcement, which will apparently air on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Monday night's episode, has been heavily teased about on twitter by Bachelor creator Mark Fleiss.
— Mike Fleiss (@fleissmeister) February 13, 2017
We are so frigging excited that the show is finally showing some diversity after years of only having Caucasian males and females lead the show. The only other time they've featured a non-white lead was in 2013, when Season 18's lead of The Bachelor was Venezuelan, Juan Pablo Galavis. There couldn't be a more important time in history to show such support and welcoming of diversity on the show. So with the iconic announcement underway, we decided to share 10 fun facts about our first black Bachelorette: 1. She's the first contestant to be announced as the lead while still competing in the show's current season. 2. She is also the first black contestant to receive a "First Impression" rose on the series, given of course by Nick Viall on "The Bachelor."
3. Rachel attended the University of Texas where she graduated with a degree in Kinesiology and Sports Management. 4. She's currently an attorney practicing law in Dallas, Texas, with an expertise in insurance law. 5. Rachel is part of the top six on this season's show, which is the furthest a black woman has gotten on the show. 6. She's one of the oldest contestants to compete on the show at 31 years old.
#bachelor #neworleans #chartresstreet #wednesday #arthurseveriodotcom #arthurseveriophotography #nickviall A post shared by Arthur Severio (@arthurseveriodotcom) on Oct 12, 2016 at 4:00pm PDT
7. She has not one, but TWO tattoos. One on her right rib cage that says, "Reciprocity," and another on the left side of her waist with a bible verse.
8. Her New year's resolution was to use Twitter and be more active on social media, so go follow her! @TheRachLindsay
9. Bachelor host Chris Harrison was quoted as saying that she's be "overqualified to be the Bachelorette." Um, we have NO idea what he could mean by that, but let's just hope he's trying to throw us all off the scent until the big news breaks for sure.
10. When it comes to fears, even a strong woman like this has a few. She's afraid of creatures that fly (yes, birds!), and she her BIGGEST fear is that she may have missed out on her chance to find love.
Looks like that big one may be put to rest soon ...
We wish you all the best in love and life, Rachel!