Take some time away from all the bad news in the world and just BREATHE.
Self-care doesn't have to be expensive. In fact, it can be totally free.
Find what brings you inner peace, joy, a sense of calm, and a release of stress — for $0 — in this list. Mix, match, do all of them, or just find your favorite. When done regularly, these small actions can add up to big changes in mood.
Not all treats have to break the bank, and this list proves it!
Here are some ideas for how to manage stress with a little self care:
1. Take a bubble bath
2. Light a scented candle or diffuse essential oils
3. Do a face mask
4. Give yourself a mani-pedi
5. Meditate for 20-30 minutes
6. Do some at-home yoga
7. Write down some compliments and things you love about yourself
8. Sleep in and make yourself your favorite breakfast
9. Unplug for a few hours; turn off your phone, computer, email, etc.
10. Journal and write down what you're grateful for
11. Give yourself a leg massage with a foam roller
12. Go for a walk outside and get some fresh air
13. Visit your local park, beach, or even backyard and soak up some sun (with SPF, of course!)
14. Watch a comedy sketch or a funny movie, or scroll through some memes to laugh a little
15. Call a friend you haven't talked to in a while (or that friend who always cheers you up)
16. Write hand-written letters to loved ones
17. Brew up some tea and get cozy under a blanket
18. Put on some happy music and dance around your house while doing your chores
19. Practice some deep breathing with a guided app, fitness tracker, or YouTube video
20. Read a book — an old favorite or one that's been on your list
21. Take a few minutes to just stretch your muscles
22. Do a three-minute dance workout
23. Take a nap
24. Pretend your house is a spa; wear your robe, take a bath, give yourself a scrub, light some candles
25. Invite your best friend over for one-on-one time
This article was originally published at PopSugar. Reprinted with permission from the author.