This workout will make you most likely to kick ass.
The New Year is the perfect time to start experimenting with new workouts — especially ones that speak to your soul. And by soul we mean zodiac sign! Play into your personality with styles of exercise that were meant for you.
You're disciplined, dependable, and sooo hard working... perhaps a bit of an overachiever? You need a real challenge. These workouts deliver.
- Megaformer. Referred to as "Pilates on crack," a Megaformer machine can look like a medieval torture device — until you conquer it.
- Crossfit. What better way to challenge yourself than with an intense, heavy-lifting style of exercise?
- Tough Mudder. Sign up for an event this year that really challenges your discipline.
You've got a lot of energy, but you also really like attention. Find an exercise that gives you a little affirmation and uses your massive amounts of energy.
- Dance. The high energy will feed your soul.
- Flywheel. The "Torqboard" lets you show off your skills and get the recognition you crave.
- Personal Training. One-on-one attention? Yes, please.
Relaxed Taurus, you're chill, but you're also totally your own boss (and can be a little stubborn). Get your fight out of your system with exercise, then balance it with calmer workouts.
- Yoga. Because it's pretty chill, and so are you.
- Boxing. Despite being laid back, you're also a bit of a fighter.
- At-home workouts. No one telling you what to do is right up your alley. Be your own boss with some of our at-home workouts.
Gemini, you are really intense, and you love variety in all areas in life — including a workout (it also helps keep you focused). You're a twin sign, so these workouts play into the two components as well.
- HIIT. High intensity, because what else?
- Circuit Training, like Speedplay. Keep it varied, and make sure you're never doing any one thing for too long.
- Combo Classes, like YAS. A two-in-one class speaks to the twin Gemini. Yoga and cycling together? Yes!
You love being a part of a group and thrive off the energy of a crowd. This year, choose workouts that play into that sense of community.
- Run club. The social aspect will compel you to keep coming back week after week. Find a local club and lace up!
- SoulCycle. "Pack. Tribe. Community." You'll be obsessed with the borderline-cult-like vibes at Soul.
- Group Fitness. Honestly, any kind will do — preferably one where you can interact with classmates.
Balanced Libra, you crave affirmation and luxury and can be somewhat aesthetic-driven. But the chief driver in your life is achieving balance in all areas.
- Pilates. Lengthening, leaning, balanced, and refined. Pilates is luxury fitness at its finest, and you'll love every second of it.
- Yoga. To address any imbalance in your life and body. Because, of course.
- Martial Arts. As this style of exercise is somewhat of a dance between two people, you'll find balance within yourself as well as with your sparring partner.
Scorpio, you are fierce! Everything you do in your life, you do it full-out. You're super hardworking and also pretty in-tune with your sexiness — channel that into your workout!
- Train for a half or full marathon. Take your hardworking ability and put it into a training program for a big goal this year.
- Conditioning or Kettlebell Class. These aren't classes you can slack off in. Find something that challenges your strength.
- Pole Fitness. Like we said, you're totally in touch with your sexuality. Make it work for you with this ultra-sexy workout!
Let go and let your silly side out, Sagittarius! Your open mind and extravertedness will help you expand into fun, exciting new workouts that'll keep you from feeling cynical.
- AcroYoga. Wild, different, and fun — just what you need.
- Dance Cardio. Feel silly and free with some smile-inducing cardio.
- Rock Climbing. A new, exciting workout outside will challenge your brain and your body.
Selfless Pisces, you're intuitive, creative, and sensitive, but you're totally a water sign — work with that.
- Swimming or Stand-Up Paddle. Low-impact exercises like these let you take time for yourself in a peaceful, meditative setting, while still getting a great workout.
- Hot Yoga. Sweat it out (a lot) and let your intuition take over.
- AquaCycle. Biking in the water? It's a no-brainer.
Aquarius, you're the most curious, creative, and imaginative of all the signs, so we won't bore you with basic workouts! Let 2017 introduce you to brand new styles of exercise that keep you on your toes.
- Surfset. Not near an ocean? Try this class at Crunch or a local studio to get a fun, balance-challenging, ocean-style workout.
- Pound. Rock out while you work out. This class is about hitting drumsticks to the beat!
- Zumba. Keep your body moving constantly in a way that feels like a party. You'll burn calories without even noticing.
Bold Leo, you love to be admired, appreciated, and complimented — you also love to be the best in the room. Remember that fitness is all about doing what's best for yourself, not what makes you look the best to everyone else!
- Kickboxing or Muay Thai. Here's your chance to be the best!
- Team Sports. Showing off your skills in a team setting where others can give you a pat on the back (literally) will keep you coming back for more.
- Weight Lifting. Get stronger so you can take on any kind of workout and be awesome at it.
Meticulous, precise, careful, a little type-A, and focused. Sound familiar? As a Virgo, you're also giving a lot of yourself to others. Use fitness as a way to care for yourself, too.
- Yoga. It'll help you calm down from your wound-up week and take some much needed time for yourself.
- Barre. Small, meticulous, precise movements, and a class that's all about attention to detail. Perfect.
- Speedplay or Barry's Bootcamp. A structured, well-organized class that follows a clear pattern and has measurable results is exactly what your sign needs.
This article was originally published at PopSugar. Reprinted with permission from the author.