Love isn't finite
You don't love your partner any less now than you did when you first met, in fact, now that the two of you share a life, pets, kids, a house together, you probably love him even more. But it's not the same as when you were all caught up in that passion and lust.
But that's not a bad thing. Love is dynamic. It changes. It grows. It shifts.
It goes from being the stuff of Hallmark greeting cards into something ineffable that we can't quite describe.
It might not be what we ever expected love to look like, but we certainly can't ever imagine living without it.
You don't do it on purpose.
There are kids who needs their butts wiped, dogs who need to be walked, jobs that need you, and permission slips that have to be signed.
Here are just 22 small things you can do every single day to let him know that you love him more today than you did yesterday:
1. Never go to bed without kissing goodnight.
2. Take a chore, like folding the laundry, off his plate.
3. Surprise him with a meal he adores.
4. Tell him what a great dad you think he is.
5. Thank him for doing something thoughtful.
6. Share a news story you read and tell him it made you think of him.
7. Run your hand through his hair on your way through the living room.
8. Sit on his lap.
9. Ask him about his day.
10. Have a pillow fight.
11. Lean over during family dinner and whisper that you aren't wearing underwear.
12. Make him a playlist of songs you know he'll adore.
13. Wear one of his shirts.
14. Look deep into his eyes and tell him how much you love him.
15. Go for a walk, just the two of you, after dinner.
16. Tenderly touch his face.
17. Tell him that he makes your world complete.
18. Share photos of your happy times together on social media.
19. Leave him a note thanking him for being the man of your dreams.
20. Give him a back rub for no reason at all.
21. Tell him a cheesy joke just to make him laugh.
22. When he pisses you off, say "I love you" and catch him off guard.