For all the strong ladies out there.
If I'm being completely candid, many of the quotes below were spoken by women with husbands, boyfriends, and lovers. However, that doesn't mean that they NEEDED a man to thrive in the world! There's nothing wrong with wanting love and companionship, but far too often there are women who get caught up in the notion that without a partner, they'll fumble.
It is more than possible to be an independent, empowered, and successful woman in this world — now more than ever, in fact.
If you're finding it hard to cope with a breakup or you feel like you're being overshadowed by your partner, read these strong women quotes below as a reminder that no matter what the status of your love life may be, you are always enough. Just you! Nobody else; on your own, being the boss lady that you are.
"If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman."
2. "I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, OK."
3. "A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman."
4. "Of course I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in."
5. "Women are the real architects of society."
"We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead."
7. "Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got. There is no yesterday, no tomorrow, it's all the same day."
8. "I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody's passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn't mind learning."
9. "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud."
10. "It's not your job to like me, it's mine."
11. "A woman is the full circle. Within her is the ability to create, nurture, and transform."
"The best protection any woman can have is courage."
13. "The question isn't who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me."
14. "So here is the quick way of working out if you're a feminist. Put your hand in your pants. A) Do you have a vagina? and B) Do you want to be in charge of it? If you said 'yes' to both, then congratulations! You're a feminist."
15. "For mad I may be, but I will never be convenient."
16. "A strong woman builds her own world. She is one who is wise enough to know that it will attract the man she will gladly share it with."
―Ellen J. Barrier
17. "We women talk too much, but even then we don't tell half what we know."
"I am a strong woman with or without this other person, with or without this job, and with or without these tight pants."
19. "Do not judge a woman on her knees: you never know how tall she is when she stands."
20. "A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done."
21. "Spirit over mind. Mind over matter. It's that simple"
22. "I wouldn't say I'm a feminist, but I don't like girls pretending to be stupid because it's easier."
23. "Confidence is highly erotic."
24. "Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind."
"Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim."
26. "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous."
27. "How wrong is it for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself?"
28. "Better to be strong than pretty and useless."
29."As a woman I have no country. As a woman I want no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world."
30. "The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. "
31. "No woman gets an orgasm from shining the kitchen floor. "
32. "Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then."
"When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier."
34. "I can't decide whether I'm a good girl wrapped up in a bad girl, or if I'm a bad girl wrapped up in a good girl. And that's how I know I'm a woman!"
—C. JoyBell C.
35. "I do not wish them [women] to have power over men, but over themselves."
36. "Failed relationships can be described as so much wasted makeup."
37. "Men should think twice before making widowhood women's only path to power."
38. "I'd much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are the first to be rescued off of sinking ships."
39. "For women, the best aphrodisiacs are words. The G-spot is in the ears. He who looks for it below there is wasting his time."
"We still think of a powerful man as a born leader and a powerful woman as an anomaly."
41. "I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat, or a prostitute."
42. "You will manage to keep a woman in love with you, only for as long as you can keep her in love with the person she becomes when she is with you."
—C. JoyBell C.
43. "You're only a man! You've not our gifts! I can tell you! Why, a woman can think of a hundred different things at once, all them contradictory!"
"Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness."
45. "Women need not always keep their mouths shut and their wombs open."
46. "I guess at the end of the day, all women like to be appreciated and treated with respect and kindness."
47. "Woman is the dominant sex. Men have to do all sorts of stuff to prove that they are worthy of woman's attention."
48. "I feel there is something unexplored about woman that only a woman can explore."
49. "Women often postpone their lives, thinking that if they're not with a partner then it doesn't really count. They're still searching for their prince, in a way. And as much as we don't discuss that, because it's too embarrassing and too sad, I think it really does exist."
"Women are always saying, 'We can do anything that men can do.' But men should be saying, 'We can do anything that women can do.'"
If you're searching for the best quotes and memes to share with the people you love (or just want to feel inspired yourself) ... look no further! From the sweetest love quotes, inspirational sayings, friendship quotes, and hilarious relationship truths, we've got you covered.