Oh no they didn't.
The questions, talking to strangers, the nicknames, the confusion, the bullshit, you know it all.
Being mixed race is awesome, but so many people just don't get it (and you have no idea why)! But hey, at least you're not alone!
1. Being the top summer shade ...
"#GrowingUpMixed all the white kids wanna compare their skin with yours when they get a tan "
— Rush (@drush2x) July 25, 2015
2. ... and then having to give them a reality check
3. The ever popular guessing game ...
Are you white? NO
Native American? NO
Portuguese? N- wait yeah like 1/4
— kamaka (@erikaamumford) August 17, 2016
4. ... and people get MAD creative
5. But you're kind of impressed when someone gets it right
6. And you have your own fun with it too ...
7. ... then getting kind of flattered because you know how much beauty there is in the world
8. But most of the time, they just give up
9. Then again, you might not even have all the answers either :(
10. This weird comment
12. Being compared to a cookie ...
13. ... or a candy on the reg
14. Let's not forget the most popular comments and questions
15. And these
16. Some people are so "color blind" they don't even realize colors can mix
17. Multiple conversations with strangers have started like this ...
18. ... and this
19. People not realizing how ironic it is to ask a mixed person to pick one race to be attracted to
20. Or when people knowingly ignore one half of your identity to make it easier
21. Being asked this complicated and confusing question
22. Having to feel like a traitor
23. Or a liar
24. Being all over the place
25. Twinning, but not really
26. Being the glue and doing God's work
27. Kids say the darndest things
28. Some families struggle the great divide
29. For some reason, the default is always Hispanic if you're a tan color
30. Low key wishing you could speak a bunch of languages
31. This bullshit
32. And this dumb logic
33. Or being completely discredited for one reason or another
34. Having to point out that "mixed" isn't an actual race, but just a vague category
35. Your hair is a mystery ...
36. ... even to you
37. People assume you're not together
38. Sometimes you're too much or not enough
39. But it's also so awesome because you have so much to relate to
40. A lot of people figure you might be at least PARTLY what they are, so you kind of fit in everywhere
41. Plus, diversity is literally in your blood, and that's something to be proud of