Brace yourself: pumpkin spice is about to take over.
It's the first day of September, and Twitter is BLOWING up.
With the #september and “Tomorrow is September” trending, tweets are pouring in by the thousands. Whether they’re talking about their favorite thing about the month, or complaining that school is about to start, people are definitely catching September fever. And it’s contagious.
When you think about it, September marks a lot of different milestones. Leaves are changing colors. Stores are about to be PACKED with random Halloween décor. Sweater weather is ON. And the teenage girls are FINALLY back in school, so we can officially reclaim Starbucks as our own (THANK GOD).
So after getting over the primary shock of, “Holy CRAP, where’d the year go?” take a second to think about what the coming of fall means for you.
Besides allergic eruptions, impending holidays with the in-laws, and repetitively having to answer, “Oh how was your summer!?” autumn is pretty friggin awesome.
In the spirit of Fall Fever, we scoured Twitter to see what the world is saying about their favorite and least favorite parts about September. Here are some of our favorites.
1. Well that's one way to look at it...
"Tomorrow is September" and one month closer to the most ridiculous American election of all time
— Silas Scarborough (@searchforithaka) August 31, 2016
2. Who doesn't love autumn leaves?
3. Get ready Little Monsters, Gaga is coming.
— ARTPOP ∇ ᴀʜs⁶ (@FarhadAHS) August 31, 2016
4. Cuz they couldn't have texted you before...?
Tomorrow is September. You know, the month where you get all those "I ain't seen you all summer." text messages. Stay woke. — NUFF$AID (@nuffsaidNY) August 31, 2016
5. Just like that, ALL the holidays started pouring in.
Tomorrow is September, not Halloween, not thanksgiving and not Christmas.
— Lil ﻻﮎﮎټ٣ﮎ Vert (@StussyTheGoat) August 31, 2016
6. AND THE COUNT DOWN BEGINS!!
7. Sometimes you're so happy you've just gotta dance.
8. Make the most of the year while you can.
the fact that tomorrow is september which means that there's 4 months left until 2017.. — ruthy pearce (@ramhaeandrea) August 31, 2016
9. Cuz logic right?
10. When you realize you've got SO much to do still.
I just realised tomorrow is September and I haven't accomplished anything this year. — (@_pammmx) August 31, 2016
11. Potter Heads: It's time to head to Platform 9 3/4
12. Get it while the getting's good!
Tomorrow is September and I'm ready to make these four months the best months of 2016. — Tori. (@peacelovetori8) August 31, 2016
13. So many perks to the fall it's hard to count.
Tomorrow is September....I'm so happy Fall is almost here! Crisp air, football, festivals, get togethers, cooking, snuggling, — @Sandy&Paris (@sandyratte) August 31, 2016
14. The puns are going to be SO real...
Tomorrow is September, and everyone is going to post "Wake Me Up When September Ends" because they're hilarious. — Sarah (@humanraccoon) August 31, 2016
15. Pumpkin spice is on the way... I can smell it.
Brace yourselves.... "Tomorrow is September" and everything will be pumpkin spice flavored.... — Ulysses (@Just_a_Texan) August 31, 2016
16. Your face be like:
When you realize tomorrow is SEPTEMBER... pic.twitter.com/cqxvLZqK49
— NBC33 WISE (@NBC33WISE) August 31, 2016
17. But really though ... Where does it all come from??
Tomorrow is September, so I'm expecting Pumpkin Spice to appear almost everywhere overnight. — Joey Salazar (@JoeSal90) August 31, 2016
18. Well he's ALL SET then. Maybe a little early.
19. How is Green Day NOT trending right now?!