Life can get pretty freaking complicated. But it doesn't have to be.
Everyday we’re struggling … or is that just me? NAH. NO ONE goes through life gracefully — we all stumble and fall a couple hundred times, maybe even in one day. Perfect just doesn’t exist — sorry photo-shopped magazines, you ain’t fooling me.
Sadly, no one gives us a “How to” guide or manual for life on our first birthday. We just come into this world all innocent and naïve and are expected to figure things out for ourselves. (THANKS MOM AND DAD)
And the only way to figure everything out is to try, try again until we succeed (maybe). How EXHAUSTING. Am I rite? Can I get an AMEN??
Why can’t life be a picnic? I like picnics because they are generally a lot of fun. There’s sunshine, a cool breeze, the feel of the wet grass beneath you on a hot summer day, ice-cold lemonade, potato salad, hamburgers, watermelon, music, good friends and good fun. What’s complicated or awful about that?
Answer to the above question: because if life was always like a picnic, easy and carefree, we wouldn’t be able to appreciate the good times anymore.
You can’t feel happy without knowing sadness. You can’t know love without first knowing hate. And you can’t have fun without being bored out of your mind.
That’s just the way the cookie crumbles ladies and gentleman. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Life is funny that way. You might not find it so funny when you’re utterly heart-broken, sad or pissed at your mom for "accidentally" donating your favorite top. But life is really only trying to help us see that we need to appreciate what we have, while we have it. Because after all, nothing lasts forever.
You don’t have to struggle alone though. The best way to go through life is with a little help from some friends, and some sound advice from the all wise and knowing, Dalai Lama.
This Tibetan monk has spent a LOT of time contemplating life, love and so on (a lot more time than all of us combined, probably), so listen up and let his words really sink in so you can remind yourself of what REALLY matters.
If you're searching for the best quotes and memes to share with the people you love (or just want to feel inspired yourself) ... look no further! From the sweetest love quotes, inspirational sayings, and hilarious relationship truths, we've got you covered.
2. "An eye for an eye … we are all blind." — Dalai Lama
4. "A spoon cannot taste of the food it carries. Likewise, a foolish man cannot understand the wise man´s wisdom even if he associates with a sage." — Dalai Lama
6. "The true hero is one who conquers his own anger and hatred" — Dalai Lama
8. "The ultimate source of happiness is not money and power, but warm-heartedness." — Dalai Lama
10. "Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it." — Dalai Lama
12. "Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality" — Dalai Lama
14. "The more you are motivated by Love, The more Fearless & Free your action will be." — Dalai Lama
16. "In the practice of tolerance, one’s enemy is the best teacher." — Dalai Lama
18. "Compassion is the radicalism of our time." — Dalai Lama
20. "Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace." — Dalai Lama
22. "When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways–either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits, or by using the challenge to find our inner strength." — Dalai Lama