The BEST quotes from the most prominent figure in the New Age movement.
With everything going on in the world, life can feel overwhelming at times, and for some, all the time. It’s easy to say that these feelings of fear or anxiety will pass, but if you’re the one actually suffering, time can feel like it’s completely stopped, and you’re stuck in a cave of despair with no way out.
I go through these episodes — finding myself in a state of panic about the future, the present, and even the past; the past of which I have no control of changing. During these moments, I notice that my sight is narrow, my vision only able to see the negativity surrounding me, despite all the wonderful things that are happening around me, as well.
Though I’m no expert on the topic, I have been researching a new trend (or at least, new to me) that seems to be helping a lot of people: Mindfulness.
The gist is that instead of taking in all the energy that’s batting you over the head like a giant rock, you take a few minutes (or however long you’re able) to calmly meditate, accept your own feelings, and take in the present. The future, and the past cannot be predicted, or undone. You own your thoughts, your sensations, and accept yourself for who you are.
After all, no one does you better than yourself, right?
Even celebrities are embracing the therapeutic meditative state: Angelina Jolie, Katy Perry, Demi Moore (not to be confused with Dudley Moore--you saw that Friends episode, right?), Hugh Jackman, and plenty more. You would think the rich and famous have it easy, but there’s pressures no matter what walk of life you come from.
When you find yourself in need of some enlightenment, Deepak Chopra, one of the leaders in the New Age movement, can provide some good life advice that just might get you one step closer to practicing mindfulness. Either way, take a breather, remember you are freaking awesome, and Namaste, b*tches!
If you're searching for the best quotes and memes to share with the people you love (or just want to feel inspired yourself) ... look no further! From the sweetest love quotes, inspirational sayings, and hilarious relationship truths, we've got you covered.
2. "The highest levels of performance come to people who are centered, intuitive, creative, and reflective - people who know to see a problem as an opportunity." — Deepak Chopra
4. "Everyone is acting from his own level of consciousness. This is all we can ask of ourselves or anyone else. However hurtful someone is, he is doing the best he can, given the limits of his consciousness." — Deepak Chopra
6. "No solution can ever be found by running in three different directions." — Deepak Chopra
8. "It takes a little bit of mindfulness and a little bit of attention to others to be a good listener, which helps cultivate emotional nurturing and engagement." — Deepak Chopra
10. "Your immune cells are like a circulating nervous system. Your nervous system in fact is a circulating nervous system. It thinks. It’s conscious." — Deepak Chopra
12. "You can free yourself from aging by reinterpreting your body and by grasping the link between belief and biology." — Deepak Chopra
14. "Self-awareness is value-free. It isn’t scary. It doesn’t imply that you will subject yourself to needless pain." — Deepak Chopra
16. "Spirituality is meant to take us beyond our tribal identity into a domain of awareness that is more universal." — Deepak Chopra
18. "The intention to live as long as possible isn’t one of the mind’s best intentions, because quantity isn’t the same as quality." — Deepak Chopra
20. "So many things happen for every event, and if you try to manipulate it, it means you are struggling against the whole universe, and that’s just silly." — Deepak Chopra
22. "There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle." — Deepak Chopra
24. "Life gives you plenty of time to do whatever you want to do if you stay in the present moment." — Deepak Chopra
26. "I often say 'pursue excellence, ignore success.' Success is a by-product of excellence." — Deepak Chopra