Are small boobs more attractive than big boobs? We found out.
I don't know what it's like to have small boobs.
I was self-conscious of the jugs that had sprung forth seemingly overnight, bent on ravaging my nine year old frame.
My mom, a large chested woman herself, took my development in stride.
"The bigger the better the tighter the sweater," she said.
Based on the way my boobs suddenly made me visible to the opposite sex, I figured she must be on to something.
It wasn't until later in life when I heard the phrase "more than a handful is a waste" and began to wonder about the particular charms of small boobs.
I knew for a fact that some men preferred them small, but I had never had occasion to discuss titties with these gentlemen.
Now as a plucky sex writer, I had the opportunity to talk to men and women who love breasts and get them to open up.
And open they did.
Okay. So. What's the first feature you usually notice on a woman? Why do you think that is?
- There's always an ass man. "I generally notice their bum first."
- And the person who remembers that they are being interviewed about boobs. "Reading the word "boobs" just before this q might skew the results a bit but truthfullty [sic], it's probably hair."
- Some are mathematical. "Overall body shape: shoulders/waist/hip ratio. Then probably face and boobs slightly after."
- Others may have more, well, singular tastes. "If I can see her face, it's probably her face. If I can't, it's probably things like tattoos, crazy hair styles, or, if lacking those, clothes that reveal parts of her body. I like looking in windows made by clothing at the flesh beneath. Wow, that's so creepy to read!"
- And finally others play by the rules society has set for them. "Depends on the context. Generally, I probably instinctually [sic] pick up on the usual social metrics like age, class, group identity and likely availability. I try to consciously determine how they're presenting themselves, how they want to be seen (professional, flirty, athletic etc). If you mean physically, overall figure and what's being accented by their attire usually draws my eye (and figuring out if that accent is intentional or not, "please notice my boobs" vs "this is still my favorite t-shirt even though it's shrunk a size too small"). In American culture, this usually means breasts (or at least cleavage)."
Do you prefer women with bigger boobs or small boobs? Why?
- Nothing shocking here, by and large folks answered like this responder. "Yes. Big boobs are sexy. Small boobs are sexy. Women are sexy."
- When pressed, some folks did have a preference. ".....yes? All the boobs. Probably smaller boobs, because they're easier to play with."
- For some, it's a simple equation. "Smallness = perkiness"
- Some folks could work for Downy. "I genuinely don't have a preference. There are nice things about each. But I don't have a type. I like to appreciate each woman's unique beauty. Which sounds like a soap commercial, but it's sincere."
- It's complicated. "If we're talking in terms of physical attraction, I'm more often than not drawn to bodies with an overall curvy figure (round hips, full bosom, plump cheeks). If forced to choose, I prefer full breasts over small, but ratio mismatch can be unattractive; a woman with an overall trim dancer's build is more attractive to me than one with the same narrow frame but large breasts."
- But also, boobs. "Breasts are only a portion of determining physical beauty, but to answer the question, bigger within reason. I know that science says breasts are evidence of fertility/nurturing ability and bigger breasts are a bigger advertisement of that, but personally, I have no idea. I just like the boobies."
Now. To the heart of the matter. Small Boob Lovers: What do you love about tiny boobs?
- I genuinely had no idea one nipple could be cuter than another. "They often have cuter nipples, and can be more sensitive. They also tend to have more predictable movement, so it's easier to rub or suck a nipple in the heat of the moment."
- The "P" word came up. "They're usually perky and fun to hold."
- More than once, in fact. "The perkiness and holding their shape in and out of the bra"
- Others claimed smaller nipples are more sensitive, which is funny, because that really hurt my nipples' feelings. "More sensitive nipples, fit nicely in my hands or mouth."
- Some love small boobs and feminism. "Better shape. Also more practical for the women involved."
- Others love small boobs because it's the punk rock thing to do. "Well, it probably has something to do with the attractiveness of a healthy body. I don't generally care about physical qualities, as long as we are both healthy and happy. I would guess there are a lot of health benefits from smaller boobs, or maybe I'm just a punk and rebel society telling me big boobs is what is preferable."
You're done! Unless you want to share an embarrassing story about an encounter with breasts, and you know you do.
- "The deepest shame I have ever felt happened when I went to talk with the woman at my work that I was involuntary crushing on, profoundly so. In the middle of a conversation I just... stupidly looked - very briefly! - at her cleavage. I thought this moment of weakness would go unnoticed. But later that day (and most instances since) when we talk I can see her pull her over shirt or sweater across her chest. And I know now that I'm *that guy.* Pure. Undiluted. Shame."
- "My nipples are so sensitive and ticklish that it's very confusing for the women I'm with. Usually they stop going after them after the second or third time we have sex. One woman—she's also poly—said one time, 'Oh right, you're the the anti-tit one.'"
There's more to the boob story. Check back soon for my follow-up queries with the guys about what makes big boobs great.