The struggle is real.
I should know. I'm outgoing and yet I need my alone time. I love people and yet I don't really want to talk to them that much. It confuses people. Hell, it confuses me sometimes
These are some facts about extroverted introverts that may help you better understand us.
1. We may be quiet but that doesn't mean we don't want to talk.
2. We like being around people, but that doesn't mean we want to talk.
3. We may suck at texting back, but we'll talk to you soon.
4. We're better one on one than in groups.
5. We want to meet your friends, but we need to mentally prepare.
6. We like time alone but sometimes get lonely.
7. We don't often go out, but when we do, we're a blast.
8. We're happy to chat up strangers, but once it's over, we're done for the night.
9. We're not always talkative but sometimes we're the life of the party.
10. We live in our heads most of the time.
11. We're outgoing but often silently calculating, too.
12. We are not flirtatious. Being quiet is just that.
13. We want to be noticed but also don't want to be noticed. Sorry.
14. We get mad at ourselves when we let people down.
15. We sometimes hide in plain sight.
16. We enjoy spending time in public spaces, but that doesn't mean we want to talk to everyone.
17. We always try to control our introverted side.
18. We don't usually keep a core group of friends.
19. We hate small talk.
20. If we like you, we REALLY like you.
This article was originally published at Higher Perspective. Reprinted with permission from the author.