The human race is incredibly diverse. Yet, because of our daily life — always chasing after time and never slowing down — we often miss many moments. Some of them are precious; some are tragic; some are heartwarming. Others make you lose faith.
But no matter the moment, each show a different aspect of humanity that we often miss because we are too concerned about how we can make money or feed the kids. We are stuck in technology, displaying our own moments on Facebook for the entire world (or at least your one thousand-something "friends"), while ignoring everything else.
In these 29 photos, we see 29 moments from different countries in the world. In these 29 photos, we see that the world is not simply black and white or rich and poor. They are little peaks into the world outside of our own. Each person displayed in these photos have their own stories, probably stories much more interesting or maybe a bit boring than our own. But nonetheless, they are stories.
There are parents taking care of their children and children taking care of their parents. We see that blue eyes are not just for the blonde and European. We see siblings who remain as close as ever despite being different as can be. We see love in different forms, from couples finally allowed to showcase their romance to the everlasting adoration of parents for their children.
But not all we see is touching. We also see children taking adult roles as caretakers and soldiers, while in our world, we see a child as only a child.
Festivals and tradition are still celebrated in various parts of the world we deem to still be "stuck" in their old ways. We see how tightly they hold on to their culture and their legacy, in an ever-changing, technology-driven world.
But it's all incredibly beautiful.
1. A handicapped mother being offered food from her child
"Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you." —Loretta Young
2. Alcoholic father and child
"Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own." —H. Jackson Brown Jr.
3. Mother and daughter with similar, unusual eye colors
"Life is the flower for which love is the honey." —Victor Hugo
4. A minority girl from the Yazidi sect in Iraq
"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." —H. Jackson Brown Jr.
5. A poor farmer with his college educated son
"The best thing to hold onto in life is each other." —Audrey Hepburn
6. A monk and his brother
"Where there is love there is life." —Mahatma Gandhi
7. A young girl from the Hamer tribe in Ethiopia
"The most powerful weapon on Earth is the human soul on fire." —Ferdinand Foch
8. Malagasy girl among the Baobab trees
"We are born of love; love is our mother." —Rumi
9. Tea time on the Yamal peninsula
"Love has reasons which reason cannot understand." —Blaise Pascal
10. 18-year-old IDF soldier in full gear
"Love is all we have; the only way that each can help the other." —Euripides
11. Rice farmer in Vietnam
"At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love." —Martin Luther King Jr.
12. Seven-year-old Syrian rebel
"If your heart is a volcano, how shall you expect flowers to bloom?" —Khalil Gibran
13. Mother and son with beautiful eyes
"Love is the best thing in the world, and the thing that lives longest." —Henry Van Dyke
14. A Palestinian girl armed among militants
"Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." —Zora Neale Hurston
15. A Chinese coal miner
"Love will draw an elephant through a keyhole." —Samuel Richardson
16. 13-year-old eagle huntress in Mongolia
"The best proof of love is trust." —Joyce Brothers
17. Iowa couple marries after 72 years of being together
"There is no remedy for love but to love more." —Henry David Thoreau
18. A boy from the Suri tribe of Ethiopia
"We love because it's the only true adventure." —Nikki Giovanni
19. Bus passengers rescue a passenger attempting suicide
"Love has no errors, for all errors are the want of love." —William Law
20. Family meal in Siberia
"Love is a better teacher than duty." —Albert Einstein
21. Three-week-old newborn with albinism with his cousin in Kinshasa
"We all need each other." —Leo Buscaglia
22. Blind albino boys
"There is no limit to the power of loving." —John Morton
23. Girl who survived 11 days alone in Siberian forest
"Be of love a little more careful than anything." —E. E. Cummings
24. Mother with daughter, who were both attacked by husband/father
"To love another person is to see the face of God." —Victor Hugo
25. Yezidi girl carries an assault rifle to protect her family
"People protect what they love." —Jacques Yves Cousteau
26. Geisha apprentice in Kyoto
"Love, having no geography, knows no boundaries." —Truman Capote
27. A boy rescues his sister from Syrian rubble
"Do you have to have a reason for loving?" —Brigitte Bargot
28. Paramilitary police recruit sheds tears before starting service
"I'm fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to die in." —George McGovern
29. Burning Man Festival in Nevada
"In matters of the heart, nothing is true except the improbable." — Madame de Stael
View More Galleries
This article was originally published at Higher Perspective. Reprinted with permission from the author.