You (or they) always remember your first.
The first time you have sex with someone can be nerve-wracking, especially if you're a virgin. When you have sex with a virgin or someone who's really inexperienced, you're helping to shape their whole sexual world view.
We hear a lot about men who repeatedly take the virginity of women they sleep with, but for some women, it's something they're into as well. But that doesn't mean it doesn't come with responsibility.
For women who take a man's virginity, the things she does will stay with him forever, in good ways and bad. Popping someone's sexual cherry shouldn't be taken lightly, especially if you're not a virgin yourself. Virgins learn from experience, and your time together will set their sexual standard.
On the other hand, the whole thing may end up being awkward and strange no matter how prepared you might be. Here's what you need to know about having sex with a male virgin.
1. Some men lie and say they’re virgins so you think they’re free of disease: For your own safety, never take anyone's word that they're clean. You can still get a sexually transmitted disease even without having intercourse. The "I'm a virgin" excuse doesn't work.
2. Supply anything you might need (condoms and lube): Many times when someone is going to have sex for the first time, they're not usually thinking about what they'll need for the encounter.
3. Everybody always remembers their first: It won't matter how good or bad the sex is, your virgin will remember you and everybody likes feeling memorable.
4. There are different kinds of virgins. Some virgins may be completely inexperienced while others have done everything but intercourse. Some people consider themselves virgins if they've never had anal sex.
5. Don't be afraid to give directions: They don't know what they're doing, no matter how much porn they've watched. Besides, you need to have fun too, unless being the sex instructor gets you off.
6. Enjoy how nervous you make them feel: As the devirginizer, you're about to make someone's dream come true, so revel in it.
7. The encounter may be over too quickly: Everybody knows that the first time can be over fast, so bring a vibrator so you can have a happy ending yourself.
8. A preference for younger men can be beneficial: There's not a lot of 40-year-old virgins out there, but luckily an appreciation for younger men and being someone's first go together well.
9. Virgins may hide their insecurity with over-confidence: The both of you know that he doesn't know what he's doing, so if he wants to pretend to be a womanizer, don't burst his bubble — just go on doing what you'd normally do.
10. Take control of the situation: Nine times out of ten, he's not even going to know where exactly he should put his penis, let alone how to get you ready.
11. There's a good chance you'll never see each other again: They'll no longer be a virgin, and they've had a witness to one of their most vulnerable moments, it can feel weird.
12. Be patient and gentle if you're with an anal virgin: Not everybody has the patience to deal with a virgin, and along with that patience is the willingness to take your time and explain what's happening in hopes they'll remember some of your good instructions.
13. Seeing your partner's reactions make it all worthwhile: When one woman was asked in a piece on Broadly about the turn-ons of taking someone's virginity, she said, "Begging, the lead-up to the actual act, seeing someone go through the emotions, and seeing a man's body shake in anticipation."