Bruce Jenner's transformation has been revealed: Meet Caitlyn Jenner.
Bruce Jenner revealed this spring that he would be transitioning into a woman, as he felt he'd been born in the wrong body: A female stuck with male parts. Now, the Olympian and Keeping Up With The Kardashians star has revealed his female identity on the cover of Vanity Fair. Say bye bye to Bruce and hello to Caitlyn Jenner.
Here are a few things to keep in mind about Caitlyn Jenner as she makes her debut in the mag, which hits newsstands on June 9.
1. Caitlyn Jenner has been around forever. It was just a matter of coming to terms with her existence. “If I was lying on my deathbed and I had kept this secret and never ever did anything about it, I would be lying there saying, ‘You just blew your entire life,'” Jenner told Vanity Fair. Thankfully, Jenner has a pretty good support system within her family, though Khloe Kardashian has reportedly had a tough time adjusting to Bruce Jenner's transition into Caitlyn Jenner. Jenner's ex-wife, Kardashian matriarch Kris Jenner, even took the news better. Bruce explained, "The love and acceptance I've gotten from Kris is absolutely overwhelming."
2. Mind your pronouns. When referring to Bruce Jenner, use "he," "his" and "him." When referring to Caitlyn Jenner, use "she," "her" and "hers." They may share a body, but they don't necessarily share context. Bruce Jenner, in his interview with Diane Sawyer, referred to himself as "he" at the time, but now that Caitlyn has gone public, "she" is probably better in most scenarios.
3. Caitlyn Jenner already has a verified Twitter account. In her bio for @Caitlyn_Jenner, Jenner writes, "I'm so happy after such a long struggle to be living my true self. Welcome to the world Caitlyn. Can't wait for you to get to know her/me."
4. Donna Karan designed one of Jenner's "coming out" outfits. See it here! She looks amazing.
5. Remember that transgender issues still have a long way to go. Familiarize yourself with them here.