Guys, girls: Your life is about to change.
I don't want to overtrump the power of a simple bowl of soup. But this soup is so, so perfect. Three ingredients. Slow cooker recipe. Four minutes of prep. If you'd like to serve this baby for dinner, add a half-pound of roast to the slow cooker, then shred it just before you add the cheese. Feed a crowd for less than $10 or save it all for yourself and enjoy it as leftovers.
Slurp. Eat. Enjoy.
HOT DAMN FRENCH ONION SOUP
1 large sweet onion
5 cups beef or veggie broth
salt and pepper to taste
4 slices gouda cheese
1. Chop up onion.
2. Place onion and broth in a slow cooker.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
4. Just before serving, ladel soup in bowls.
5. Top with cheese slices.
6. Place under your ovens preheated broiler.
7. When cheese is bubbly, spoon away.
This article was originally published at Cheeky Kitchen. Reprinted with permission from the author.