Rosario Dawson has joined the celeb adoption brigade, adding a daughter to her family!
Rosario Dawson is a mom. That was a shocker, right? Since we never saw a baby bump! Well, reports indicate that the actress adopted a daughter earlier this fall.
That's so sweet, especially since the new addition to her family is not an infant, but a 12-year-old.
Sources say that the Sin City star, who was adopted herself at the age of one by her own stepfather, is family-oriented, which is sort of obvious.
The lovely and talented (and single) Dawson has joined the celeb brigade of adopters. Her story is unique in that she adopted an older child, which is equally as awesome since there are so many kids of all ages that need and deserve loving homes and dedicated parents.
Lots of celebs have opened their homes and their hearts to children in need. Some have added adopted children to their own biological broods, while others have adopted because they simply felt that it was either the right thing to do or because they weren't leaving things up to nature. Some adopted their additions with their spouse or with their significant others, while some adopted as single moms or dads.
Whatever the case or personal instance, celeb adoptions are always heartwarming! These are 15 celebs who have adopted!
Photo: We Heart It
1. Connie Britton: The Nashville star adopted her son Yoby in Ethiopia.
2. Katherine Heigl: The beleaguered and bad reputation-ed actress adopted daughters Naleigh and Adalaide in South Korea with musician hubby Josh Kelley.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
3. Angelina Jolie + Brad Pitt: Brangelina have biological kids: daughter Shiloh and twins Vivienne and Knox. But they adopted Maddox, Pax and Zahara, with Pitt legally adopting them after Jolie initiated the adoptions. They are the biggest and happiest brood in Hollywood.
4. Sheryl Crow: The singer adopted both of her sons, the cooly-named Wyatt and Levi!
5. Mary-Louise Parker: The Weeds star has a biological son with actor Billy Crudup, but in 2007, she also adopted a daughter from Ethiopia in Africa on her own.
6. Rosario Dawson: As noted, the actress adopted a 12-year-old daughter while single.
7. Sharon Stone: The sexy star has adopted three sons — Roan, Laird and Quinn—over the years. Hot mama.
8. Calista Flockhart: TV's Ally McBeal was both single and was in the room when adopted son Liam was born. She is now wed to Harrison Ford aka Hans Solo aka Indiana Jones.
Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman
9. Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman: While married, the former supercouple known as Tom and Nic adopted daughter Isabella in 1993 and son Connor in 1995. While his daughter Suri Cruise is a favorite media topic (and target), the actor has said he sees no difference between Isabella, Connor and Suri and they are all his own.
10. Kristin Davis: We loved her neurotic portrayal of socialite-turned-mom Charlotte in the Sex and the City series and films. The talented and beautiful actress adopted her daughter Gemma Rose domestically in 2011.
11. Madonna: The pop diva adopted son David and daughter Mercy from the impoverished African nation of Malawi, expanding her brood, which includes firstborn daughter Lourdes (or Lola) and son Rocco.
12. Hugh Jackman: Wolverine and his wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, adopted son Oscar and daughter Ava, and they are are a happy family!
13. Charlize Theron: The Oscar-winning actress adopted her son Jackson while single at 36. The role of mom agrees with the stunner, who is now dating Sean Penn.
14. Meg Ryan: Also America's Sweetheart, Ryan was already mom to her biological son Jack when she adopted daughter Daisy from China. It was a deliberate decision, according to Ryan, and she knew as soon as she saw Daisy's face that they were meant to be together. Aw!!
15. Sandra Bullock: American's Sweetheart secretly adopted her son Louis in 2010. She started the process with then-hubby Jesse James, but their marriage crumbled days after she won her Oscar when it was revealed he cheated on her. She ditched and divorced James and dedicated herself to her baby boy.