Bake some extra love into your relationship with these goodies for two!
Red Velvet Brownies With Cream Cheese Filling
By Carrian of Oh Sweet Basil
- 1 Box Duncan Hines red velvet cake mix
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup margarine, melted and cooled
- 1 cup White chocolate chips
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
1. Mix the cake mix, evaporated milk, and margarine in the bowl of a standing mixer until smooth. Set aside to thicken for a moment.
2. Heat the oven to 350ºF.
3. Grease a 9x13" baking dish and spread 1/2 the dough onto the bottom. Bake for 6 minutes and remove from the oven.
Sprinkle the white chocolate chips all over the brownie and drop dollops of the cream cheese mixture. Wait a minute for the cream cheese to begin to soften and melt into the chocolate. Very carefully spread the mixture all over the brownie.
4. Pick up heaping tablespoons of the remaining dough and flatten into the palm of your hand. If your hands are too warm if will melt into your hands. You can try spraying your hands with cooking spray, chilling the dough in the fridge and running your hands under cool water. Place the dough all over the top like a patchwork quilt, until it is completely covered.
5. Bake again for 16 — 19 minutes. Cool on the counter and then place in the fridge to help chill the filling even more. Remove 20 minutes before eating to bring back to room temp.