Bake some extra love into your relationship with these goodies for two!
Red Velvet Cheesecake Ice Cream
By Ashton Swank of Something Swanky
- 15.25 oz Red Velvet cake mix
- Eggs and oil per instructions on cake mix box
- 14.5 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip (lite, free, sugar free is okay too)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Optional crushed pecans
1. Mix and bake the Red Velvet cake according to the directions on the box. You can bake it in any size pan(s), it doesn't matter. Let cool completely.
2. In a large bowl, use an electric hand mixer to beat together the sweetened condensed milk, cool whip, cream cheese, butter, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Cut the Red Velvet cake in half. Crumble one half into the ice cream batter, leaving large chunks.
4. Gently fold the cake pieces into the ice cream batter. Pour ice cream batter into a seal-able, freezer safe container. Sprinkle with the crushed pecans.
5. Seal and freeze overnight. Serve frozen.