Lady Gaga has seen her share of lawsuits over song copyrights and broken professional partnerships. Mother Monster's former BF, music producer Rob Fusari, with whom she battled legally and in the courts, is currently amidst another lawsuit with someone trying to take credit for helping him discover Gaga. It's a mess. But what's really interesting about this situation is that Fusari has asked that Gaga not be allowed to testifty in this case since she wields words like weapons and swords ... that and her astronomical fame might sway the jury.
Yeah, so Fusari is scared of Gaga! She is nine feet tall with those necksnapper heels of hers, so we can see why she might be intimidating to others, especially ex-lovers with whom she once had an axe to grind.
That said, while Fusari fears Gaga's words, we don't. We actually find her to have made some great statements about our favorite topic — L-O-V-E. We're going to use some of these statements as ammo next time we need to verbally spar or one up someone!
And you know what? Love her or hate her, Gaga is a brainy girl with some unique perspectives on that crazy lil' thing called love.
1. "At the end of the day, you won't be happy until you love yourself."
Now, that's a mantra we all need to know, live and learn.
2. "Love is like a brick. You can build a house, or you can sink a dead body."
Spoken like Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta. Seriously, it sounds like Gaga borrowed that phrase from The Godfather or Goodfellas.
3."Well, my music was different in high school; I was singing about love — you know, things I don't care about anymore."
Ooh, that's harsh, like when Tai called Cher a virgin who can't drive in Clueless.
4. "As artists, we are eternally heartbroken."
Artists suffer for their art. They bleed for it. It is their first, deepest, truest and maddest love.
5. "Do you know the feeling, when your heart is so hurt, that you could feel the blood dripping?"
Anyone that has ever been dumped or broken up with knows that feeling all too well ... let's hope Lady Gaga and Taylor Kinney don't have to deal with that, because they're super cute together!
6. "Cause it's a hard life / With love in the world / And I'm a hard girl / Loving me is like chewing on pearls."
Yeah, pearls are more al dente than most of us are comfortable with. But we get her sentiment in "I Like It Rough."
7. "Rejoice and love yourself today / Because baby you were born this way."
The best lyric from one of her best songs!
8. "I want the deepest, darkest, sickest parts of you that you are afraid to share with anyone because I love you that much."
Flaws and all, Little Monsters!
9. “Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore.”
Remember that, ladies: Work on yourself first, then a relationship.