The stereotypical French woman is known for having the "It" factor — that effortless mix of seduction and mystery that drives men crazy. Ironically, it turns out that French women have a different kind of appetite.
Remember when we shared with you all the things people would rather do then get it on? Well, a new study shows 74 percent of French women would prefer to eat a gourmet meal rather than have sex with their partner. When asked to rate how enjoyable each activity was on a pleasure scale, the women rated food on average as 7.1 out of 10 and sex as 6.7 out of 10.
Really, ladies? Either French men are bad in bed, or I'll have what you're having.
This news is pretty surprising (and totally unfair), considering the famed "French paradox" — that despite having a country overflowing with chocolate, cheese, and wine; French women somehow always manage to stay miraculously thin.
But take one look at the science of it all, and the results of the study are less surprising. According to Sexologist Gerard Leleu, the very same chemicals are released into the brain during both sexual orgasm and "culinary orgasms." Case in point, chocolate.
"In fact, when we are sad and we decide to eat chocolate, we are actually masturbating the hypothalamus," Leleu told Stylist Magazine. Plus, you know you've daydreamed about chocolate cake as much as (or more than) your current flame.
So cheers to those French ladies who know how to get what they need without a partner, and here's an ode to why food is definitely better than sex:
1. It's not going to run away and cheat on you with your best friend.
2. Food porn is completely acceptable in public.
3. Chocolate. Seriously though, chocolate releases endorphins in the brain that make you a happy camper.
4. Food will never turn you down when you're desperate and will always be around for second helpings.
5. There's just no way, shape or form that sex will ever feel as good as a Nutella covered crepes tastes.