Sometimes the worst thing about the Internet is that it can make you feel super old. Like, how the Internet had to remind you that 10 Things I Hate About You just turned 15. And in two years, Clueless will be the legal drinking age. And that it's been 19 years since Full House ended — thank you, syndication, for never letting us live a day without reruns!
Our point? We can officially call those years the good ol' days. And in some aspects of life, we really think we had it better back then. Here's proof that we'll never get over that decade.
WIN!! Five totally awesome YourTango readers will receive a copy of The 1990s Coloring Book: All That and a Box of Crayons (Psych! Crayons Not Included.) To enter, just tweet us the name of your favorite 90s TV character (Uncle Jesse 4 Life!) using the hashtag #YourTango90s. Hurry! Deadline is May 4 at midnight EST.
1. Cornholio was — and still is — your hero.
2. Because Clueless will always been in regular rotation of your favorite movies to watch, along with all the other amazingly unforgettable teen movies.
3. You wish every party could be as fun and as cool as those dancing Gap commercials.
4. You've never stopped loving Jordan Catalano.
5. Planning your outfit for your high school reunion made you wish you and your best friend were Romy and Michele.
6. Hats had a real place in fashion back then. Unlike the douche-tastic fedora now.
7. You still live your life according to the Gospel of Daria.
8. You would give a limb to see a reunion for any of these shows: Full House, Saved by the Bell, Family Matters, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Freaks and Geeks, My So-Called Life.
9. You've always remained loyal in your decision of Pacey vs. Dawson.
10. That said, even through the recent flood of amazing boy band reunions, you've always stood by your group of choice: BSB, NKOTB, *NSYNC, O-Town. 98 degrees, etc.
11. While most of your furniture is now IKEA (or fancier), you still wish you could rock inflatable furniture.
12. Forget the new iPhone. You're waiting for Apple to announce a retro see-through phone.
13. You wish for the days when gym class meant game time with "Parachute" or scooters!
14. You fantasize about signing important memos with the classic Stussy S.
15. Gummy vitamins will never win in a battle against Flintstone vitamins.
16. If only it was professional to have a never-ending supply of Mr. Sketch Scented Markets in the office supplies cabinet. #teachersftw
17. A cup of coffee today just doesn't match Surge as the ultimate caffeine rush.
18. Breakfast is now your least favorite meal because it's not exactly healthy to have dessert cereal like you used to as a kid. We'll never forget you, Oreo O's and French Toast Crunch.
19. Where the Sidewalk Ends is prominently displayed on your bookcase.
20. You have dreams of winning big on Guts or Legends of the Hidden Temple.
21. Despite what MASH predicted for your adult life, you do not own a mansion, drive a Lamborghini or are married to Jonathan Taylor Thomas. And you're pretty pissed off about it.