You know when you get sucked into a show and you don't know why you haven't changed the channel? That's what it's like when you watch Pretty Little Liars.
Don't know what the show is about? Here's the gist: A girl is murdered and her friends start receiving anonymous text messages from 'A' threatening to reveal all of their deepest secrets. It doesn't sound too bad, and it wasn't. For the first two, maybe even three seasons. Back then I looked forward to Tuesday nights, waiting desperately to discover A's secret identity. I actually had in-depth conversations with people and theories about this crazy show.
Then one day, I realized that this show was going in circles and there was absolutely no end in sight. That was the day I knew I was screwed, because sometimes you're just in too deep and you can't get out. Even though you love the mystery, here are just 23 things that make no sense about Pretty Little Liars, just in time for season 4's finale next week.
1. First of all, this is how I feel after every episode of PLL:
2. Because nothing ever actually happens on this show:
3. They just pile on question after question until you don't even remember if something "important" happened:
4. For instance, where did Noel, Jenna and Lucas even go? At one point they were all working with "A" supposedly and they have literally disappeared:
5. And then there are those one-liners that are just so terribly written, you can't even wrap your mind around them:
6. Hanna, I'm talking to you:
7. Someone needs to explain why every party they have on this show is mask theme. Stop going to parties with masks! Someone always dies, but because it's PLL no one ever uses their brain:
8. In fact, Spencer is the only one that's semi-intelligent:
9. Hey Emily, just a thought, how about using a light switch every once in a while:
10. And why do they constantly think it's smart to meet in the woods in the middle of the night when someone has been trying to kill them for the past three years?
11. It feels like these girls have been in high school forever. How many Halloween episodes can you have before you graduate?
12. Why does anyone even want to find Alison? She is the worst human in the world, and I'm surprised no one killed her sooner:
13. ABC Family, are you really trying to convince us that Ezra is "A"? Just stop it:
14. There is a different "A" every season, which makes no sense because every person in town cannot be that skilled in the art of blackmail and technology:
15. Unless the four girls are really just that dense, which is a total possibility:
16. Why do they still hate Mona for being on the A-team, but Toby is completely off the hook for the shitty things he did to them?
17. Speaking of Toby, no one cares how your mom died; what does this have to do with anything?:
18. Does Spencer live alone? Her parents are legitimately never home:
19. Same goes with Aria's family. Her mother took off to Europe and her dad has been MIA for months:
20. Those hashtags that pop up in the middle of the show, #ihatethisshow #ilovethisshow:
21. People are dying left and right and being accused of murder. Why have none of their parents been like, "Hey, maybe we should move out of Rosewood?"
22. Basically nothing in this entire show makes sense:
23. And finally, Ravenswood? Really?