Do you still watch Pretty Woman every time you need a good laugh and a good cry? We do, too.
Our favorite opposites attract story is somehow already 25 years old, so in honor of the anniversary of classic Garry Marshall rom com, we dug up 25 little known facts about the movie:
1. Pretty Woman was originally titled $3,000 (the amount Vivian was paid for the week). However, the title was confusing to the audience and they thought the movie was about a hooker on the moon.
2. Meg Ryan was their first choice to play Vivian, but she turned down the role. In fact, many other actresses were chosen before Julia Roberts, including Kim Basinger, Melanie Griffith, Sharon Stone, Michelle Pfeiffer, Heather Locklear, Diane Lane and more.
3. Julia's head was actually superimposed on body double Shelley Michelle for the Pretty Woman movie poster.
4. When Richard Gere is asking for directions in the beginning of the movie, you are actually hearing director Garry Marshall's voice because the real actor was out of the country when they had to re-film the line.
5. Next time you watch the movie, you'll notice that Vivian rarely sits down on a chair. They purposely did that to show Vivian felt more comfortable sitting on the floor or on top of furniture thanks to her profession.
6. When Edward fires Stuckey, you can see Richard Gere's tongue moving around his mouth because a crown was knocked off his molar during the scene.
7. Did you know Pretty Woman is a Disney movie? Shocking!
8. Director Garry Marshall placed his daughter in the movie. She plays the front desk clerk at the hotel.
9. All of the scenes filmed on Rodeo Drive were done on Sundays since the city has strict filming rules on that street. You can't take away their business hours during the week!
10. The Beverly Wilshire Hotel where the movie takes place used to be an Auto Speedway where cars raced. In 1928, the Beverly Wilshire Apartment Hotel opened.
12. Hector Elizondo, the hotel manager, and Garry Marshall have worked together on 14 different films including Georgia Rule, Beaches, and The Other Sister.
13. The original plan was to shoot the opera scene in San Francisco, however, an earthquake forced them to quickly relocate to the history museum by USC.
14. Pretty Woman was one of Hank Azaria's first movie roles ever! He played a detective in the flick, and we now know him as David on Friends and many of the voices on The Simpsons.
15. In the dinner scene when Vivian flings the snail across the room, the waiter says, "It happens all the time." Garry Marshall thought it would be fun to cast the same actor with the same line in The Princess Diaries.
16. Mistake alert! In the scene after their first night together, Julia is eating a croissant at breakfast. When they cut back to her, she is eating a pancake instead.
17. The infamous necklace scene wasn't actually planned. Julia wasn't feeling well so to make her laugh, Richard shut the case and her reaction was so perfect they kept it in the movie.
18. Julia prepared for her role as Vivian by spending two weeks at a free clinic on Hollywood Boulevard.
19. Originally, Vivian was supposed to be addicted to cocaine and part of the deal is that she isn't allowed to do drugs during the week. Also, at the end of the movie, Vivian was supposed to find Kit had overdosed on drugs while she was with Edward.
20. Richard Gere was actually playing the piano in the movie and he was playing a piece that he composed himself.
21. Garry Marshall's son directed the entire polo match scene in the movie.
22. During the sex scene, Julia was so nervous that a vein popped out of her forehead. Garry Marshall got into bed with her and Richard and rubbed the vein on her head until it disappeared.
23. When they filmed the scene with Julia talking about wanting to be a princess who's rescued from a tower, they still hadn't written the movie's ending where Edward "rescues" Vivian.
24. Julia Roberts isn't the only one who was changed to make the cover of the movie. Richard's hair is noticeably darker than the silver mane he has throughout the movie. How dare they?!
25. The red coat that Julia has in the beginning of the movie was taken from a movie Usher and only cost $30.