Emeril, Bobby Flay and more share their best Thanksgiving dishes.
With Thanksgiving slowly creeping up on us, we're already stressing about what we should cook! While it's nice to follow tradition and use family recipes, why not switch things up this year and get a few pointers from our favorite celebrity chefs?
Putting creative and innovative twists on Turkey Day classics, check out 10 amazing recipes from these established culinary gods. We promise that you and your stomach will be oh so thankful!
Emeril Lagasse's Holiday Mulled Wine
One of the first and most iconic television personalities to hit the culinary scene, Emeril's mulled wine is a cozy and delicious starter to any meal, with seasonal flavors that will warm you inside to out.
Here's What You'll Need:
- 3 star anise pods
- 3 allspice berries
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 1 large orange
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 bottles fruity red wine, such as Rioja, Grenache, Shiraz, or Raspberry Merlot
- 1 1/2 cups brandy or Grand Marnier
- 1 cup whole dried figs
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dried, pitted, and chopped prunes
- 3 hibiscus flowers (optional, for garnish
- Cheesecloth and butcher's twine, to make sachet
Get The Rest Of This Recipe And 9 More At Guest Of A Guest: 10 Celebrity Chef Recipes For Your Thanksgiving Meal
More juicy stories from Guest Of A Guest:
- Thanksgiving Packing Guide: Travel Essentials For The Holiday Weekend
- The GofG Thanksgiving Guide 2013: Where To Dine In NYC
- Guiltless Thanksgiving Recipes For A Healthy Holiday Meal