7. Turkey Chocolate Fondue
By Jenn Lifford of CleanAndScentsible
1 box of strawberries
1 bunch of red grapes
1 bag of checkers pretzels
1. Cut the pear in half, vertical-wise.
2. Cut to shape the cheddar cheese into feet and a beak.
3. Cut and arrange fruit and crackers into a turkey as pictured above.
8. Sweet Potato Whoopie Pies with Maple Marshmallow Creme
By Heather Baird of SprinkleBakes
For the Cake:
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 ¼ cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
½ cup milk
Nonstick vegetable oil spray
For the Filling:
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 7-ounce jar marshmallow crème
2 teaspoons maple extract
1. Sift first 5 ingredients into large bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in another large bowl until blended. Gradually beat in oil. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating to blend between additions. Beat in mashed sweet potato. Add dry ingredients in 2 additions alternately with milk in 1 addition, beating to blend between additions and occasionally scraping down sides of bowl. Cover and chill batter 1 hour. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large round tip.
2. Arrange 1 rack in bottom third of oven and 1 rack in top third of oven; preheat to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment; spray lightly with nonstick spray. Pipe batter onto baking sheets (about 3 tbsp. per cake) spacing apart. Let stand 10 minutes.
3. Bake for 10 minutes. Rotate pans and bake for another 10 minutes. Cool cakes completely on baking sheets on rack. Using spatula, remove cakes from parchment.
4. Line cooled baking sheets with clean parchment; spray with nonstick spray, and repeat baking with remaining batter.
5. Spoon or pipe about 2 tablespoons filling on flat side of 1 cake. Top with another cake.
6. For the filling, using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add marshmallow crème and maple extract; beat until blended and smooth. Keep Reading ...