John F. Kennedy reigned with his wife Jackie in the Washington golden age known as Camelot. They were young, beautiful and seemingly the perfect couple. But behind the scenes, it was a totally different story. JFK's affairs were as legendary as some of his conquests.
November 22nd marks the 50th anniversary of the tragic day JFK was assassinated in Dallas, so we compiled this list of 11 fascinating things you didn't know about JFK's love life.
1. JFK seduced Mimi Alford (then Beardsley), a 19-year-old White House intern, on her fourth day of work. He took her virginity in his wife's bed.
2. He also had affairs with White House secretaries Jill Cowen and Priscilla Wear, nicknamed Fiddle and Faddle. The letters detailing the affairs (written on White House stationary) are set to go to auction soon.
3. Mimi Alford would travel on Air Force 2…with the luggage.
4. The president also had an affair with Judith Campbell Exner, a Los Angeles socialite who was introduced to JFK by Frank Sinatra before he won the election. Their affair lasted roughly two years.
5. Marilyn Monroe, whose affair with JFK is now legend, was said to have called Jackie Kennedy to confess the affair, and was told in return, "Marilyn, you'll marry Jack, that's great... And you'll move into the White House and you'll assume the responsibilities of First Lady, and I'll move out and you'll have all the problems," according to Christopher Andersen’s These Few Precious Days: The Final Year of Jack with Jackie.
6. Marlene Deitrich, the famed German actress, counted the president among her many conquests, even though, at 60, she was more than a decade older than him. She was yet another lady seduced in the Whitehouse. (Fun fact: she was rumored to have had a long affair with JFK's father, Joe Kennedy).
7. Continuing the German theme was Ellen Rometsch, a prostitute who was a frequent visitor to the Whitehouse. JFK's brother Bobby allegedly had her deported when he began to worry about the affect she would have on the president's reelection.
8. Mary Pinchot Meyer went all the way back to prep school with JFK, and their affair gave aides a lot to worry about, as she was also a close friend of LSD proponent Timothy Leary.
9. Blaze Starr (somehow, we don't think that’s her real name) was a burlesque dancer whom the future president met in 1954. Their affair lasted well into his tenure as Commander in Chief.
10. Pamela Turnure, Jackie's own secretary, had an affair with JFK lasting from 1961 to 1963.
11. JFK's fondness for actresses led him to an affair with Gene Tierney in 1948, a few years before he married Jackie. He professed a fondness for Gene, but was too politically ambitious to marry a non-Catholic actress.
More juicy content from YourTango: