You can't fake chemistry like that.
Hold up. Did you know that Ryan Gosling, the ultimate charmer, and the drop dead gorgeous Rachel McAdams actually didn't get along on the set of The Notebook? And that's not the only twist you didn't see coming.
Get ready to load up on other little-known facts about The Notebook, your go-to romance movie, which was also Ryan's breakout film that launched him onto marquees and into hearts everywhere.
4. Also, when Noah hangs on the Ferris wheel, you can see a microphone clipped to the middle of his shirt in the back.
8. When Noah and Allie are in the street, he says he would watch the light change "from green to red to yellow" with his dad. Sorry, Noah! Traffic lights go from green to yellow to red.
9. In 1940, Noah and Allie listen to Billie Holiday's rendition of "I'll Be Seeing You." Too bad that version wasn't recorded until four years later.
10. Rachel McAdams received her script for The Notebook the night before she auditioned for the role ... while she was at another movie's premiere! She beat out nine other stars, including Jessica Biel, for the part of Allie.
11. Other starlets Rachel beat out for Allie? Britney Spears, Ashley Judd, and even Reese Witherspoon.
12. James Marsden, who played the super-wealthy and handsome Lon Hammond, admitted, "I thought The Notebook was going to be a schmaltzy Movie of the Week–type thing."
13. Gena Rowlands, who played older Allie, is the director's mother.
14. When older Noah and Allie eat lunch after he's read to her, he's wearing his reading glasses. In the next shot, he's shown wearing bifocals.
15. When older Noah and Allie enjoy their candlelit dinner, Allie sits down wearing a plaid shawl over her red jacket. In the next shot, the plaid shawl is off. But hold on! The shawl makes its return in the following shot.
16. Ryan Gosling was director Nick Cassavette's first and only choice for Noah. Before that, Steven Spielberg, Tom Cruise, and even Justin Timberlake were reportedly linked to the film. (Be honest: You're so relieved Ryan got it!)