Many celebrities have left Hollywood for a more peaceful life abroad.
Although Hollywood is still the number one stomping ground for the rich and famous, many celebrities are choosing to live abroad in an effort to protect their privacy and keep their personal lives from the public eye. Sure, there are European paparazzi, but even so, life is much more manageable. For celebrities with children, it’s particularly important to give their families some sense of normalcy. Despite their distance from Los Angeles or New York City, American fans still love them. With this thought in mind, we developed a list of our five favorite celebrity couples that live across the pond:
1. Victoria and David Beckham: The fashion designer and her soccer star husband have recently returned to England after living in Los Angeles while David played “football” for the LA Galaxy. Now that his contract has ended stateside, the family of six is returning to their roots and looking for a new home in West London, close to the children’s school. Still, they aren’t giving up the California sunshine for good: It’s thought that the Beckham’s will spend the holidays in Los Angeles.
Related Link: Celebrity Couples With Similar Wardrobes
2. Kate Middleton and Prince William: The future queen and king of England expanded their family this summer, welcoming Prince George, who’s now third in line for the throne. This new generation has stolen hearts all over the world with their laidback approach to royalty. Not only are the new parents handling most of the baby duties themselves (Prince William even changed the first nappy), but they also released an informal first family photo, taken by Middleton’s father at her family’s Bucklebury estate.
3. Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin: The GOOP founder and Coldplay frontman have lived in London for over a decade; Paltrow feels so comfortable there that she calls it her “adopted home.” Plus, their children, daughter Apple and son Moses, even have British accents. While they recently relocated to Los Angeles full-time for their kids’ schooling and to be closer to Paltrow’s mother and brother, the family will eventually return to the United Kingdom because the movie star believes that the education system is better in England.
4. Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem: This famously-private couple lives in Madrid, Spain, with their children, son Leonardo and daughter Luna. The Spanish-born actors began dating in 2007 and were married in July 2010 in the Bahamas.
Related Link: Celeb Dads Who Are Doing It Right
5. Kate Hudson and Matthew Bellamy: This California girl bought a house in London in February 2011 and now lives half of the year across the pond with her fiancé, Muse musician Matthew Bellamy. The couple were engaged in April 2011 and welcomed their son, Bingham, in July 2011. The family is often seen out-and-about in the rainy city with Hudson’s parents, Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, as well as her nine-year-old son, Ryder.
Who is your favorite celebrity couple across the pond? Tell us in the comments below.