Well, it's about time. After being the cutest non-married couple for what seemed like forever (six years) Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell finally made it official this weekend. They went down to the courthouse to just pick up their marriage license and on a whim decided to just get married then and there. She even announced it to the world in the cutest yet refreshing way:
More from YourTango: Who Is Katy Perry's New Boyfriend, DJ Diplo?
We could not be more happy for this beautiful couple and their baby Lincoln. Here are some reasons we think their love is here to stay.
1. They are fairly low key. There are only a handful of other celebrities who don't treat getting married like it is the event of the century. Clearly, Kristen and Dax don't need fancy wedding dresses, or a scenic background and all their celebrity friends. They just need each other.
2. They've been together a long time. Though six years isn't incredibly long ... in Hollywood time, that's like 30 years. These two can clearly last the test of time.
3. They are devoted to each other's families. Get out the tissues for this one. Dax flew to Detroit last year to visit his dying father. A few days later, a very pregnant Kristen visited. "It was an amazing, incredible, perfectly timed surprise. She lifted her shirt up and he put his hand on her swollen stomach. He left it there for the better part of an hour," Dax wrote on his Tumblr. "He wasn't going to make it to the birth, but that didn't get in the way of him meeting the new baby ... If I live to be a thousand, I will still be in debt to my wife for giving him that one last thrill."
4. They make health a priority. That doesn't sound like it would help, but there are many studies that show the healthier you are the happier you are and therefore you have more love to give! Both Kristen and Dax are known for their healthy eating habits (she is a vegan) and fitness routines. Kristen also made headlines this summer when she appeared on the cover of Redbook with a little bit of baby weight still on her. She told Women's Health this month, "You're participating in the most beautiful cycle that this earth will allow — who cares if you put on weight for a few months or a year or two years? In the grand scheme of things, I refuse to let it bother me. And it makes me really sad that a lot of women are so susceptible to letting it bother them because we choose as human beings and as media to let the narrative on pregnant women be all about body size. I just felt like I had an obligation to share how I had reconciled these views in my head."
5. They are devoted parents to baby Lincoln. Kristen gave birth to little baby girl Lincoln earlier this year. On the day she was born back in March Dax tweeted: "Lincoln Bell Shepard is here. She has mom's beauty and dad's obsession with breasts. Hooray!!!"
She followed up about an hour later with: "My new roomate poops her pants and doesn't pay rent ... basically @daxshepard1 pre-sobriety :) welcome baby Lincoln xo."
6. They stick to their word ... so they'll take their vows seriously too! Even though Dax proposed to Kristin back in 2009, the couple pledged they would not marry until it was legal for all their gay friends in California to be able to get married. Three years later, Kristen was still sticking to her guns, "We've been very vocal about not wanting to be married in a state that doesn't allow that right to all of its citizens. We'll wait until California gets on the right side of history." And wait they did.
More from YourTango: Who Is Zac Efron's Rumored New Girlfriend Halston Sage?
More juicy content from YourTango: