As founder of The Grace List, Hattie Grace Elliot is no stranger to hosting. Here are some of her go-to date night recipes for heating things up one-on-one. "These are super simple, super sexy dessert recipes that you can throw together quickly and make any man melt," she says.
For the Guys' Guy: Sexy S'mores
"This is a great recipe for a guy who loves camping, sports, and just enjoying the great outdoors. Bring back fond memories of his boy scout days with this camping classic with a sexy twist."
More from YourTango: Couple Alert? Tom Cruise Is Reportedly Dating This TV Actress
- 2 regular size graham crackers, broken in half
- 1 Hershey's milk chocolate bar (or any other good quality chocolate that can be broken into squares)
- caramel sauce
- 2 marshmallows
- 3-4 fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove stems of strawberries and slice thinly lengthwise (you should be able to get 4-6 slices from each strawberry).
- Lay half of graham crackers on a cookie sheet, taking 1 teaspoon of caramel sauce and spreading evenly over the surface of the graham cracker, then top with 5-6 strawberry slices so graham cracker is evenly covered.
- Take kitchen scissors and snip marshmallows in half horizontally, then put both halves face down over strawberries. Take the other half of graham crackers and lay them on cookie sheet, topping with 2-3 small squares of chocolate.
- Place cookie sheet in the oven and bake until marshmallows are puffed and golden brown (about 4-5 minutes). Remove from oven and combine chocolate and marshmallow halves, patting down lightly to make 2 individual s'more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately while warm.
- Bonus Tip: A great accompaniment to this dessert is Irish coffee or hot chocolate spiked with whiskey or rum.
For the Fancy Pants: Pain au Chocolat Pudding
"This is a simple yet sophisticated recipe that's delicious and melts in your mouth; perfect end to a romantic dinner date for two!"
- 2 pain au chocolat
- 1/2 of a good quality chocolate bar chopped into chunks (preferably dark)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ramekins
More from YourTango: A-List Links: Heidi Klum Bares It All Vacationing In Mexico
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter your ramekins.
- Cut pain au chocolat into small, rough slices and arrange in each ramekin. Heat up heavy cream and whisk the egg, yolk and sugar into hot cream, continuing to whisk until combined.
- Add vanilla to cream mixture and pour over slices of pain au chocolat in each ramekin, leaving to soak in for 10 mins. Transfer to preheated oven and cook for 30-35 mins or until pudding is softly set.
- Let sit for 5 mins and serve with small scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
More juicy content from YourTango: