By April Littleton for CupidsPulse.com
Online dating has gotten more popular over the years. You hardly ever hear anyone say how he or she met their significant other at a bar or at their friend’s birthday party. Let’s face it, meeting someone the old-fashioned way just doesn’t exist anymore. More and more people are searching for true love on the Internet. Whether you’re looking for something casual or long-term, there’s a dating website for just about everyone. Here’s Cupid’s top five:
1. Zoosk: This social network incorporates online dating services with other social networks, like Facebook. The site also comes equipped with several mobile apps to make finding that special someone a little easier. Zoosk.com targets a younger audience. Most of the users are between the ages 25 to 35. The website offers a “couples” services to members who have already found a match.
2. eHarmony: This online dating website is designed specifically for men and women to find long-term relationships. Since the launch of the site in 2000, eHarmony has gained over 20 million registered users. Unlike other dating websites, eHarmony matches singles based on a compatibility questionnaire and a special matching system. As of 2012, eHarmony is responsible for nearly 4 percent of U.S. marriages.
3. Match.com: Match provides its online dating services to 25 countries. In 2012, Match.com announced a new service, Stir. Members now have the opportunity to attend local events using the new service, ranging from cooking classes to wine parties. Match.com also offers on-site games that allow users to get to know each other in a more natural way.
4. OurTime.com: OurTime is the number one dating sites for singles over 50. The website is designed to help older individuals connect with one another while looking for a meaningful relationship. Members can use a various amount of search options in order to help them find exactly what they may be looking for in a partner.
Related: Are You Dating a ‘Mad Man’?
5. OkCupid: OKCupid is a free dating and social networking website. Users can communicate with each other through instant or private messaging. Although registration is free, members who choose to pay a small fee can save favorite user profiles, browse openly and have more filtering options. The website matches singles together through member-created quizzes and questions.
Are there any more websites that should be included in this list? Comment below.