Cupid has put together a list of the top five online dating websites to look at.
By April Littleton for CupidsPulse.com
Online dating has gotten more popular over the years. You hardly ever hear anyone say how he or she met their significant other at a bar or at their friend’s birthday party. Let’s face it, meeting someone the old-fashioned way just doesn’t exist anymore. More and more people are searching for true love on the Internet. Whether you’re looking for something casual or long-term, there’s a dating website for just about everyone. Here’s Cupid’s top five:
1. Zoosk: This social network incorporates online dating services with other social networks, like Facebook. The site also comes equipped with several mobile apps to make finding that special someone a little easier. Zoosk.com targets a younger audience. Most of the users are between the ages 25 to 35. The website offers a “couples” services to members who have already found a match.
2. eHarmony: This online dating website is designed specifically for men and women to find long-term relationships. Since the launch of the site in 2000, eHarmony has gained over 20 million registered users. Unlike other dating websites, eHarmony matches singles based on a compatibility questionnaire and a special matching system. As of 2012, eHarmony is responsible for nearly 4 percent of U.S. marriages.
3. Match.com: Match provides its online dating services to 25 countries. In 2012, Match.com announced a new service, Stir. Members now have the opportunity to attend local events using the new service, ranging from cooking classes to wine parties. Match.com also offers on-site games that allow users to get to know each other in a more natural way.
4. OurTime.com: OurTime is the number one dating sites for singles over 50. The website is designed to help older individuals connect with one another while looking for a meaningful relationship. Members can use a various amount of search options in order to help them find exactly what they may be looking for in a partner.
Related: Are You Dating a ‘Mad Man’?
5. OkCupid: OKCupid is a free dating and social networking website. Users can communicate with each other through instant or private messaging. Although registration is free, members who choose to pay a small fee can save favorite user profiles, browse openly and have more filtering options. The website matches singles together through member-created quizzes and questions.
Are there any more websites that should be included in this list? Comment below.