A tasty treat packed with aphrodisiacs? Yes, please!
Food Network star Aida Mollenkamp knows how to turn it on—the oven, that is. So instead of reaching for your go-to pint of mint chocolate chip stashed in the freezer, whip up a dessert sure to rev up your sex engine!
What makes this recipe such a tease? Well, it's "composed of coffee, chocolate and strawberries—all thought to be aphrodisiacs since the time of the Aztecs!" Aida explains.
Chocolate contains the lust ingredient phenylethylamine, and strawberries gained a rep as aphrodisiacs thanks to their heart shapes and multiple tiny seeds, symbolizing fertility. Plus, coffee increases dopamine, the neurotransmitter associated with the brain's pleasure center.
Time to get busy!
Mixed Berry Tartlets with Tiramisu Mascarpone Cream
Makes: 6 servings
Total Time: 40 minutes
Hands-On Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound store-bought puff pastry
1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
12 ounces assorted berries, (strawberries trimmed and thinly sliced)
- Juice and zest from 1 orange
8 ounces chilled mascarpone cheese (can substitute cream cheese plus 2 more tablespoons cream)
- 1/2 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon espresso or other strong coffee, room temperature
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped, for garnish (or 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips)
- Heat oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Cut puff pastry into 6 (4-inch) squares and place the squares on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Prick the bottom of each square with a fork, leaving a 1/2-inch border on the edge.
- When ready to serve, combine mascarpone, heavy cream, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla, and espresso in medium bowl, then using an electric beater or a stand mixer, beat just until well combined and thickened (it should be as thick as room temperature cream cheese).
- Divide filling among cooled crusts, making sure to leave the 1/2-inch border uncovered, arrange berries slices atop tart.
- Drizzle each tartlet with a spoonful of berry juices, garnish each with a pinch of chocolate, and serve.
More exciting articles from YourTango!