According to ancient myth (if you believe that kind of thing), the flower of the mango tree represents Cupid's arrow thanks to its ability to produce highly aphrodisiac nectar.
Highly aphrodisiac, you say? Get this—in Southeast Asia, mangos are used as a sex-drive supplement. What's Viagra?
Mango Halves Broiled with Sugar
- 1 mango (about 1 pound), halved
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Place mango halves on small baking sheet or nestle inside small baking dish.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Broil until sugar is melted and beginning to turn golden brown.
- Watch closely to avoid burning, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then serve.
Nutrition Information: Each serving (1 half) contains 152 calories, 38 g carbohydrate (13% Daily Value), 4 g fiber (15% Daily Value), 2 g protein (4% Daily Value), 1 g fat (1% Daily Value), .5 g saturated fat (1% Daily Value), 0 mg cholesterol (0% Daily Value), 2 mg sodium (0% Daily Value), and 381 mg potassium (11% Daily Value), 83 mg vitamin C (138% Daily Value), 2454 IU vitamin A (49% Daily Value), 25 mg calcium (2% Daily Value), .5 mg iron (2% Daily Value).
More from YourTango!
- Cooking For Two: Dinner Recipes For Date Night
- Top 5 Aphrodisiacs To Ignite Lust In Your Man!
- The Latest Sexy Celebrity News!