Time to hire a wedding planner!
"I can confirm that Scarlett and Romain are engaged," her rep announced yesterday, adding, "They haven't chosen a date for the wedding.”
Ah ha! So back in July when ScarJo, 28, was rocking a diamond and ruby ring on the telltale finger, maybe it wasn't just a "simple piece of jewelry" as the couple let on. (HuffPost Celebrity)
Now that our are-they-or-aren't-they question is answered, who's this (smokin' hot) guy who managed to steal ScarJo's heart ... and accompany her on the Under the Skin red carpet at the Venice Film Festival? Here's his background check:
1. Before he became ScarJo's beau nearly a year ago, Romain Dauriac created his own headlines as the former editor of French Magazine, Clark. Currently, the French journalist is the manager of a creative agency and far removed from Hollywood—a trait the private bombshell must love.
2. He may no longer edit Clark, a magazine specializing in urban art, but he's still interested in the art world—and this interest may have influenced his vintage Art Déco ring purchase.
3. Rumor has it that tattoo artist Fuzi is the mutual friend who introduced the newly engaged pair. He's also the artist behind her recent horseshoe tattoo.
4. He's not the jealous type, at least according to her tastes. Ryan Reynolds ex-wife tells Marie Clarie, "I don't mind an occasional check-in, but when somebody is passive-aggressively jealous, it's really unattractive because it shows a sort of insecurity … Oh, controlling heavier is awful. Nobody's going to say they love that."
5. Don't expect to hear a tweet from, well, either of them. After all, this engagement is old news since they've been pleasantly keeping it a secret for over a month now. How are they managing to keep mum? By avoiding social media. "All of it drives me crazy. I don't understand this need to 'share.' We almost exploit ourselves in order to be seen," ScarJo continued telling the magazine.
Speaking of celebs exploiting themselves in order to be seen …
Following her messy divorce, Bethenny Frankel doesn't know if she'd marry again: (Wetpaint)
Rachel Zoe confirms she's pregnant with baby #2: (OKMag)
Robin Thicke allegedly cheated on his wife with the butt-grab girl: (Crushable)
Justin Long kisses girlfriend Amanda Seyfried ... and her pup! (PopSugar)
Bored and beautiful ... check out Leonardo DiCaprio and Toni Garrn at the U.S. Open: (SocialiteLife)
More from YourTango: