Charlie Hunnam, the newly cast Christian Grey, is no stranger to commitment—unlike his big-screen counterpart. From 1999-2002, the British hunk was married to American actress Katharine Payne Towne. Fast forward a few years, and he's been dating his current girlfriend, Morgana McNelis, since 2007. And it sounds like the two are doing well since they've moved into a new place together and we hear some jewelry has been exchanged (although it's not what you think).
Morgana doesn't make her living in front of the cameras—far from it; she's the talented jewelry designer behind Maison de Morgana. She and Charlie met six years ago and have been dating ever since. While we can't speak for her, we're sure she'll enjoy helping her BF, ahem, "research" for his new role.
But what else is there to know about Charlie's brunette beauty?
1. She stays out of the spotlight. We're sure she's supportive of his successful acting career, but when he's walking the red carpet, she doesn't make a habit of sharing it with him. At this summer's Pacific Rim red carpet, she arrived with Charlie, but opted not to walk before the bulbs.
2. She likes to give back. Morgana created a line of jewelry called the BC Armor Collection. The proceeds from the collection will go toward the Boot Campaign, which cultivates awareness, promotes patriotism and provides assistance to military personnel, veterans and their families.
3. They may be a hot, young couple, but that doesn't mean they like to party too hard. In an interview, Charlie confessed, "I don't go to parties - I don't shuck (sic) and jive it up with the Hollywood crowd."
4. But they are getting serious. Earlier this year, Charlie bought a ranch outside of Los Angeles for the two of them. Hunnam told a British magazine, "We've got 30 chickens and a couple of donkeys, a couple of ducks and we've got a big, organic garden. We are going to try to live a bit more sustainably."
5. She gives him jewelry. In most relationships, it generally happens the other way around—but since she's a jewelry designer, it makes sense. Last year, Hunnam told Elle.com of the exchange, "She told me she was making me a diamond encrusted ring—she's a jewelry designer, not an actor—and I was like 'Uh-oh. This is not going to go well for me.' But I love it. It's so discrete and beautiful."
More exciting content from YourTango!