The male organ is a constant focus of attention for most men, and mainly in a good way. From the time he discovers the pleasures of self-pleasure in his early teens, a man learns to see his tool as a source of entertainment and comfort. However, whether he is playing solo or with a partner, some common mistakes can lead to loss of male organ feeling – in fact, nearly 90% of all men will experience some loss of male organ sensation over the years.
Understanding how the wrong moves can diminish natural sensitivity and planning ahead with some smart steps to injury prevention can help men to guard against future problems and maintain their overall male organ health.
More from YourTango: Cheers! Healthy Holiday Cocktails To Share On Date Night
Common mistakes that lead to loss of male organ sensation
1. Aggressive manual stroking – yanking away at the equipment can bring extreme pleasure in the moment; it can also help a man get over the top when time is of the essence. However, rough handling of the male tissue, especially without the benefit of a good lubricant, can lead to microscopic tears and fissures in the skin’s surface. As part of the skin’s natural healing process, an extra-thick layer of skin may form in this area in order to protect against further damage. However, this tougher layer limits the ability of the underlying nerve cells to detect tactile stimulation, leading to loss of sensation.
2. Poor nutritional habits – Poor nutrition affects male sensation in a number or ways. For one thing, the nerve cells, blood vessels and skin all rely on the right nutrients to function properly, repair themselves after damage, and respond to erotic sensations. For another, bad eating habits can lead to health problems like heart disease and diabetes, both of which can have a significant effect on male function and sensation.
3. Lack of exercise¬ – People who do not exercise are more likely to be overweight and to have poor cardiovascular health; both of these issues can impair sensation in the extremities, not to mention causing issues with male dysfunction. Exercising regularly can boost blood flow and healthy heart function, meaning that the male organ will be more ready to respond when called for. One caveat here – exercising creates its own risks, so men should be sure to use the proper protection for the type of activity they choose to pursue in order to prevent injury to the private area.
When to seek professional help
Men who have certain medical conditions, as well as those who have experienced an injury to the pelvic area, should seek medical attention for loss of male organ feeling. The following medical issues, among others, can contribute to diminished sensation:
More from YourTango: Guys, Here Are 5 Deal-Sealing Ugly Holiday Sweater Party Styles
• Diabetes, or being at risk for developing type 2 diabetes;
• Cardiovascular disease;
• Rupture of male tissue;
• Priapism (firmness that lasts more than several hours and is not caused by sensual stimulation);
• Surgery (such as male implants, lengthening procedures and treatment for Peyronie’s disease).
Increase sensitivity with nutrient support