News of Gia Allemand's untimely passing yesterday sent shock waves through Bachelor nation and beyond.
Who was the 29-year-old brunette beauty with the contagious smile? Here, five facts about the woman taken well before her time:
More from YourTango: Which 'Looking' Character Has The Biggest Penis Size? No, Really
1. Gia rose to fame after being cast as one of the 24 women vying for pilot Jake Pavelka's final rose on his season of The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love. Unfortunately, Gia's heart was broken after coming in second runner-up.
2. She was later chosen to take part in the spin-off Bachelor Pad, which united former The Bachelor and The Bachelorette hopefuls in a competition to win $250,000. She was eliminated in the third episode after refusing to participate in the "kissing contest," as she was in a committed relationship.
3. The New York native is no stranger to the limelight. She started her career early as the Gerber Baby and later competed in the Miss Hawaiian Tropic competition and posed in Maxim.
4. Gia's lust worthy physique came from years of studying as a professional ballet dancer. After injuring her hamstring and Achilles tendon, she pursued her interest in acting.
5. Although rumors circulated that her relationship was rocky, Gia hoped to find love with NBA star Ryan Anderson. It was Anderson who discovered her in her New Orleans home Monday night after her apparent suicide attempt. He said in a statement, "I'm deeply grateful for all the love and support we have received from family, friends and fans. Gia was the most beautiful person I knew inside and out and she always smiled and made everyone else around her smile."
More from YourTango: Vote For The Next Bachelorette & Enter To Win A Fabulous Prize!
More from YourTango: