The Single Woman's Mandy Hale explains why you're far too awesome to settle.
[Editor's note: The Single Woman's Mandy Hale is well known for her sassy straight talk when it comes to adventures in dating. Just in time for the release of her anticipated new book Life, Love, And A Dash Of Sass, Mandy provides 10 reasons why you simply don't need a plus one—no matter how many 'Save the Dates' are on your fridge!
Have your own questions about love for Mandy? Join our chat with @TheSingleWoman happening on Twitter this Friday 8/9 at noon EST!]
Since the reign of Carrie Bradshaw, single ladies everywhere have proudly "carried" (no pun intended) the title of "Single & Fabulous." But I think it's time to pull out The Single Woman Thesaurus and break down this moniker a little to get to the heart of what this really means.
Why? Because the world ... and our televisions ... and society ... and pop culture ... and even our impatient parents (God bless them) are often guilty of trying to tell us why we should hurry up and settle down already. So next time you face opposition to your single and fabulous ways, here are the top 10 reasons why you're far too fabulous to settle:
10. Single & Fabulous doesn't mean you've sworn off love. It doesn't mean that you're ready to sign a lifetime oath of singleness. And it doesn't mean that you've given up hope on finding your Happy Ending. It simply means that you're determined to have a Happy Everything.
9. Single & Fabulous is recognizing that you don't need or want to be rescued from your life by a handsome prince because your life is pretty awesome, as is.
8. Single & Fabulous is traveling wherever you want, whenever you want ... doing Zumba around your apartment in your pajamas at midnight ... eating ice cream for dinner if the mood strikes.
7. Single & Fabulous is devoting your time to your passions ... your dreams ... your goals ... without distractions.
6. Single & Fabulous is figuring out your path before you join someone else on theirs.
5. Single & Fabulous is refusing to compromise any part of yourself to fit into a mold that someone else created for you.
4. Single & Fabulous is permission to choose your life rather than having it handed to you, and it's living life on your own terms instead of those that are expected of you.
3. Single & Fabulous is refusing to let your life be defined by your relationship status, and instead, defining it yourself. It's laughing in the face of stigmas and stereotypes. It's showing the world that for you, settling is not an option.
2. Single & Fabulous is holding out for the best ... and letting go of the rest. It's saying "I will and I can" to yourself before you say "I do" to someone else. It means you're not looking for a better half because you are already whole.
1. Single & Fabulous means that someday when you do invite someone to join you on your journey, it will be because he complements your life; he doesn't complete it.
Remember, ladies ...
Not everything in life has to be about finding "The One." Sometimes a girl just wants to have fun.
More love advice from YourTango:
- 25 Romantic Ways To Say 'I Love You'
- 5 Ways To Be Happy About Your Love Life Right Now!
- Love Quotes On YourTango