After splitting from boyfriend of three years Ryan Seacrest in March (citing busy schedules), it seems Julianne Hough has been spending most of her time with girlfriends Nina Dobrev and Maria Menounos. Until now, that is. Prior to her 25th birthday party last weekend, People reported that the dancer-turned-actress was seen sharing a "PDA-filled dinner" with writer-directer Ari Sandel at Nobu in Los Angeles.
Maybe new love is the reason Hough described her recent birthday bash as the "best birthday ever"? If so, it might be safe to say Hough has a type. After all Sandel, like Seacrest, is older than Hough (he's 36), and as an Academy Award winner he's had a pretty successful career himself.
But what else is there to know about Hough's new squeeze?
1. He's a true gentleman. He reportedly gave her a beautiful bouquet of red roses for her birthday. Aww!
2. He's dabbled in musical theater. Sort of. He won an Oscar for West Bank Story, a musical comedy a la West Side Story and Romeo and Juliet about two competing Israeli and Palestinean falafel stands.
3. While she may have danced with the stars, he has worked with them. He directed Vince Vaughn's Wild West Comedy Show: 30 Days & 30 Nights: Hollywood to the Heartland.
4. He's a west-coaster, born and raised in California. Sandel graduated from Calabasas High and went on to study Media Arts at the University of Arizona in Tucson. The well-educated hunk then went on to get his Directing M.F.A. in 2004 from the University of Southern California's School of Cinema-Television.
While Hough and Sandel may be glowy from their new love, it seems Seacrest has also moved on. The TV mogul has been linked to 28-year-old Sports Illustrated model Dominique Piek.
More juicy articles from YourTango:
- Is This Bethenny Frankel's New Boyfriend?
- Which Breed Is Your Boyfriend?
- How To Make Your Boyfriend WANT To Move In With You