Transform your dating life immediately with these six crucial dating tips.
Have you had no luck with men? Are you recently divorced after many years of marriage and don’t know how to navigate dating these days? Do your friends make it look so easy, and yet you struggle with what to do every time someone new asks you out?
Follow these 6 dating tips for women and watch your dating life transform right away.
• Know what you want. It sounds too easy, but you have to know what you want and stick to it. If you are simply looking for an easy-going casual fling, stick to it, and don’t let relationship type guys into your life or you will be the cause of their heartache.
This also goes for you if you’re looking for a long-term relationship. If you jump into bed with the first person that asks, you aren’t sending the message that you want a long-term commitment. Also, don’t try and switch the casual guy over from casual to long-term. It comes across as phony and men abhor it. Know what you want and stick to it.
• Practice Self Love. This seems to be the one tip that relationship-oriented women want to gloss right over. We live in this day and age of instant gratification, and many people are looking for everything to come easy and fast.
If you are looking for love, you aren’t going to find it and sustain the relationship successfully if you can’t even stand being with yourself. Love yourself. It will subconsciously send the message to men that you are a confident woman who is worth dating.
Often loving yourself translates into so many positive attributes that are long term. If you love yourself, it will be hard to settle for less than you deserve. You owe it to yourself and the men you meet to not settle. The guy you’re settling for deserves someone who’s crazy about him, and you deserve to have someone you can’t bear to be without. This kind of selective dating is nurtured by a strong sense of self.
The old cliché: you can’t love someone else until you can love yourself is really a big deal after all.
• Put yourself in front of your target market. If you are looking for a fling, put yourself where men look for short term flings; bars and clubs top the list.
Very few married couples met their spouse at the bar, because of the mindset that people are in while they’re out drinking. If you are looking for a long-term relationship, put yourself in the places where men who have shared goals hang out, playing sports, church, and sometimes the Internet.
Often the Internet is a wonderful place to meet men who are looking for a long-term relationship and have shared goals. The other plus to dating on the Internet is that you can browse for men 24/7 in your underwear. Just make sure that you get out of the house and meet some of them from time to time. Internet dating can be a lot of work, but the payoff can be huge. I met my fiancée on the Internet after years of hilarious dating experiences online.
• Look great, feel great. If you need help with personal style or grooming, get it. Darken the door of the salon. Get some advice on how to dress and/or revamp your wardrobe. Often, looking good will help you feel good. If you’re feeling confident in your appearance, it’ll be easier to meet people. Do self nurture in whatever way makes you happy.
• Start wearing lingerie more frequently. Not because you are going to be jumping into bed with every man you meet, unless that’s the dating life you want, but because it does something to your self esteem that makes you more noticeable when you walk into a room. It’s a little fashion tip that adds confidence in a heartbeat. When you have pretty lacey things on underneath your sweat pants, you will immediately feel sexier. And when you feel sexy, you'll act sexy, and guys will notice.
• Don’t sweat the small stuff. Obsessing over the fact that your eyebrows didn’t get waxed evenly is going to take your focus away from a truly great date. At the same time, if you can’t get past the fact that the waiter spilled water on the table, you aren’t going to notice your date’s amazing conversation. If what happened isn’t going to matter in twenty minutes or in the grand scheme of things, spending more time on it than that is a huge waste of your time and is unattractive to men.
Guys are highly tuned in to how laid back you are, and will often go cold if they notice you react to daily challenges poorly. They assume you’ll react poorly to missteps by them in the future as well.
Dating Tips for Women - The Bottom Line
The most enduring dating tip of all is to have confidence. Anything that increases your confidence is to your benefit while out there dating. Men report again and again that extremely confident women are consistently the ones they lust after, pursue and want to commit to for the long run. And a little lingerie has never hurt anyone ;-).