From outdoor football games in sub-zero temperatures to the sour moods that follow when his team loses, dating a sports addict can be tough work. But you have to admit, your guy is passionate, spirited (just look at his collection of face paint) and completely devoted to his team — sorry teams.
Even so, you probably breathe a massive sigh of relief at the end of the Super Bowl — oh wait, it's still basketball season.
1. For your birthday, he buys you a jersey of a player you've never heard of instead of the jewelry you asked for.
2. He's your go-to person for any and all stomach-toning exercises that will make you think twice about working out again.
3. He's more interested in SportsCenter than your new lingerie.
4. When it's his turn to choose a movie, he picks Field of Dreams… For the 10th time… In three weeks.
5. You figured out his password to everything years ago by simply typing in the name of his favorite team.
6. He gets multiple texts throughout the night ... from members of his fantasy draft team.
7. He makes you cry during a ping pong game.
8. Whether or not his football team wins on Sunday affects his mood toward you until they play again.
9. You regard any and all female sport nuts as competition, especially those rooting for his team.
10. His friends think it's hilarious to digitally alter photos of the two of you by superimposing a team logo over your face.
11. The only dance move he knows? The touchdown dance.
12. He tries to wear an Under Armour shirt to a nice dinner.
13. Everyone refers to him as the "king of intramurals."
More juicy stories from YourTango: