By Meghan Fitzgerald for CupidsPulse.com
Here’s a question for all the single ladies and gentleman out there – do you think you are capable of casual dating? Casual dates usually start off a relationship before it blooms into something more. Casual dating is nonchalant, laid back and non-committal. It is a form of dating that comes without any serious intention or definition, allowing you to explore the field and keep your options open for a possible partner. This type of dating gives you the opportunity to be fun, open and discover the type of person you should be with for the rest of your life.
If you believe you can handle casual dating, read the questions below and think again:
- Do you have the ability to put aside your emotions from acts of sexual relations? Make sure you are able to handle the casual aspect of this type of dating, and don’t allow your feelings to get in the way.
- Are you able to experiment with relationships? With casual dating, it is common that you will experience different types of partners. You will not like all of them, but with casual dating — experimentation is essential.
- Can you be honest? With dating, it’s usually a little game played back and forth until you both agree you like one another. If you are not interested in a serious relationship and solely want to casual date, you need to be able to tell the person you may be involved with up front.
- Are you emotionally independent? Casual dating will not give you the same emotional fulfillment as a serious relationship would. Hence, you need to be able to take care of yourself and not depend on your casual partner.
- Can you go with the flow? For this style of dating, going along with whatever the dating world throws at you is necessary.
- Are you able to constantly go on dates? With casual dating, you will spend nights at the movies, your local restaurants and bars and you may even try your hand at miniature golf. If you prefer to sit on your couch, eat leftovers and watch Netflix — casual dating may not be for you.
- Can you handle rejection from a person of the opposite sex? Casual dating is not for everyone, and sparks don’t fly every time. Don’t be upset if someone rejects you because the chemistry simply isn’t there.