The night we've all been waiting for is finally here: The premiere of the fabulous Des' season of The Bachelorette!
America first fell in love with Desiree Hartsock as she vied for Sean Lowe's heart last season on The Bachelor, and we were all shocked when he sent her packing. But her genuine nature, beautiful smile and love of pranks made her the obvious choice for the next Bachelorette. And sure, you've seen the teasers and watched the promos, but here are a few things you need to know about the lady we'll spend the next 12 Mondays with.
More from YourTango: Katie Couric Grills Bob Saget About Breaking Her Heart!
5 Facts about The New Bachelorette:
1. She's a very spiritual person. Des regularly tweets Bible verses and lists Eat, Pray, Love as her favorite book.
2. She's lived in California since college. Des moved to California to attend Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM) in Los Angeles. Now she works as a bridal stylist at a bridal salon.
3. Her dream is to be a dress designer and own her own boutique—and she's got the skills to do it! The stunning red gown she wore to the first cocktail party during Sean's season was her own design!
4. She really is the normal, 'girl next door' type. She just tweeted earlier this month about getting her first facial ever!
More from YourTango: Kate Middleton Isn't Pregnant! Here's Proof!
5. Her parents are her example of what marriage should be. Despite the view people may have of Des' family after her brother was less-than-pleasant toward Sean during her hometown visit, her mom and dad have been married for 35 years and together for 40—stats Des hopes to have someday as well. CHECK OUT THE GALLERY: 'THE BACHELORETTE' SEASON 9
More juicy articles from YourTango:
- Trivia Time: Fun Facts About Love!
- The Best Love Advice & More
- Take Our Dating In The Digital Age Survey ... And Win $100!