Double the joy!
Basketball great Michael Jordan and his wife Yvette Prieto welcomed identical twin daughters named Victoria and Ysabel on Feb. 11 in West Palm Beach, Fla.
"Yvette Jordan and the babies are doing well and the family is overjoyed at their arrival," Jordan's spokeswoman Estee Portnoy told The Associated Press.
The sports legend married his longtime love, model Yvette Prieto, last April. The couple — who had been dating for five years prior and lived together in the Miami suburb of Kendall, Fla. since 2009 — wed at Episcopal Church of Bethesda-by-the-Sea in Palm Beach — the same church where Donald Trump married his current wife, Melania.
The lavish wedding was attended by nearly 500 guests (including Tiger Woods), and was followed by a reception of nearly 2,000 people, during which both Usher and Robin Thicke performed. The bride wore a custom-made J'Aton Couture gown made of French silk voile, handmade silk lace and embellished with Swarovski crystals, and her wedding cake was a seven-layer white rum cake decorated with the couple's monograms and crystal broaches.
In addition to her opulent taste, here's a little more about the new Mrs.:
1) At 35, she's just about 16 years younger than her groom, who turns 51 next week.
2) The model has worked for the likes of designer Alexander Wang.
3) She once dated Julio Iglesias, Jr. — that's the not-as-famous, older brother of Enrique Iglesias.
4) The Cuban-born beauty filed for bankruptcy in 2002, but supposedly fixed her financial situation two years later.
5) She was reportedly happy to sign a pre-nuptial agreement before their wedding, which will protect her husband’s $650 million dollar fortune should the marriage fail.
More love content from YourTango:
- 20 Romantic Ways To Say 'I Love You'
- 5 Ways To STOP Complaining And Appreciate The Life You Have
- I Love You: 15 Ways Guys Say It Without Saying It