Ask yourself, are you trying to attract the average man or the MOYD?
Following is a list of what typical women do upon first meeting a potential MOYD. If you want to be different, listen up.
More from YourTango: Understanding How Mr. Right Really Feels About Abortions?
1. Ask “How do I know you are not some crazy stalker?” (link why do I attract crazy men) The only way you are ever going to know for sure is by your initial conversation. If you truly listen within that first two minutes you will be able to discern exactly the type of individual you are dealing with and whether you want to move forward. Men are simple, and he will reveal who he is and his intentions in the first 60 seconds. You just have to know how to recognize the signs. (How to Interpret a Man’s Approach in 60 Seconds or Less) Don’t make this any more complicated than it is. The real problem is that most women don’t truly listen.
2. Say, “I am too busy right now and have to go.” You and I both know that the only place you were rushing to is your empty house with one cat and a dog. Make time to meet new people. It’s the only way you are going to meet the potential MOYD. Face your fears of meeting people head-on. Your days of being single will dramatically decrease.
3. Wait for the MOYD to approach them. If you see someone you like, go for it. Who cares what the latest Hollywood romance suggested? The question is, do you want a man or do you want to be at home alone in bed when you don’t have to be?
4. Limit the type of men they are attracted to. It's like on an application form when they ask your race, and they have that box that says “other.” Check that box in your brain. True love sees no color, and this will increase your options dramatically. Once again, why be at home alone when the only reason is that you’re scared to meet other people? I know, it's like an episode of “Lost.” “Who are the others?” (Is Race Still Relevant in the Dating World?)
More from YourTango: Dating The Unrealistic Woman (Luke 6:38)
5. Judge a book by its cover. You never know; the MOYD might just have gotten off of work on a construction job, or just come from the gym, which would explain the sweaty smell. The fact that he was able to approach you while not in his best light says something for his confidence. A plus. Keep in mind that a shower, a shave and a change of clothes could quickly turn night into day. So ask yourself the most important questions. Is he nice? Does he have good manners? Is he considerate of your time? And last but not least, does he work construction or did he just come from the gym?