7. He always remembers to do that thing you love in bed. You know the thing. The one that curls your toes? Where he takes his BLANKETY-BLANK and then BLANKS your BLANK? Because even though he often forgets that it takes more than a quick nipple squeeze to put you in the mood, he truly does want you to have as much fun as he's having. And he's having a lot of fun.
8. He hams it up in the most hilarious possible way. Your guy is husband material when he makes an *ss of himself and you love it. He has that one dance move he likes to do at weddings, in front of all your relatives, inspired by all those Britpop groups he used to listen to back in high school. Your extended family finds this charming. You just roll your eyes and shake your head at him, until he grabs you and spins you around the dance floor and then attempts to dip you—a move that almost causes your... um... top to fall out of your top.
More from YourTango: Before You Leave Your Spouse For Your Lover, Consider This
9. He is not a jealous man. A guy who's husband material inherently understands that you don't suddenly become blind to the attractiveness of others just because you're in a committed relationship. He trusts you. Now there's a concept!
10. He understands that the healthiest couples are not attached at the hip. Rather, the healthiest couples live their own lives, having experiences they can then share with each other the next time they're together. As a result, your relationship does not implode just because he wants to go away on a weekend snowboarding trip with his coworkers, or because you don't always invite him out to the bar with your OMies after yoga class.
11. And speaking of yoga … A guy who's husband material attends your first few yoga classes when you suddenly decide that you've found your new life calling. Even though he hates yoga and collapses out of every single pose every five minutes while letting out a huge sigh. And then, when class is over, he's proud of himself for remembering what Warrior II is, and thanks you for teaching it to him.
12. He writes a song about you. Hear me out: A guy who's husband material pens a song about how you're a bit of a loner, but "loner and lover are just a letter apart." And then he performs it at his next gig. And though a part of you feels as if you're living a scene from one of those cheesy, formulaic rom-coms, another part of you notices that your heart seems to be swelling in your chest, until you almost can't even breathe.
13. He's game. A guy who's husband material takes you hang gliding on your 30th birthday because it's been on your bucket list since forever. And he tries it, too, even though he's terrified of heights.
14. In fact, he's willing to try anything with you, no matter how odd or terrifying. He goes to a "cuddle party" with you because you need to do a write-up on it, even though he feels totally creeped out. He takes a hoop dance class with you, even though he suspects you're trying to emasculate him. He dresses up as Santa with you and storms the streets of NYC, where he eventually proposes to you, asking you to be his Mrs. Claus.
More from YourTango: 7 Things You Didn't Know About The Male Orgasm
15. You just know it. Sometimes, even when you're frustrated with him, you remember just one of these things and are suddenly overcome by a massive, overwhelming wave of love. When he's husband material, you just know it.