In honor of her birthday, 10 of the wildest things Mother Monster has said about love and sex.
1. "Love is like a brick. You can build a house, or you can sink a dead body."
2. "It's hard to find a boyfriend who doesn't mind a good tuck." (Poking fun at the rumors regarding her gender.)
3. "I had a boyfriend who told me I'd never succeed, never be nominated for a Grammy, never have a hit song, and that he hoped I'd fail. I said to him, 'Someday, when we're not together, you won't be able to order a cup of coffee at the f*cking deli without hearing or seeing me."
4. "You should wait as long as you can to have sex. As a woman you don't even begin to enjoy it until your mid-20s."
5. "I want the deepest, darkest, sickest parts of you that you are afraid to share with anyone because I love you that much."
6. "Do you know the feeling, when your heart is so hurt, that you could feel the blood dripping?"
7. "A girl's got to use what she's given and I'm not going to make a guy drool the way a Britney video does. So I take it to extremes. I don't say I dress sexily on stage—what I do is so extreme. It's meant to make guys think: 'I don't know if this is sexy or just weird.'"
8. "At the end of the day, you won't be happy until you love yourself."
9. "Love is just a history that they may prove and when you're gone, I'll tell them my religion is you."
10. "I hate the truth so much that I'd rather have a giant dose of bullsh*t any day."