Relationships are described as many things, but “easy” most definitely isn’t one of them. Two A.M. bickering, checking messages on phones/social media, and cases of jealously are just a small part of what makes relationships so complicated. And these relationship problems tend to be a tough transition, especially if you are adjusted to the “single life.” But relationships are partnerships. Both individuals must have their hearts and minds in the same place in order for the relationship to last. If you just can’t seem to progress in your relationship, you should consider leaving these single habits behind:
1. Wanting the next best thing: Keep your eye on the prize that’s already in front of you. We all know what it’s like to want what you can’t have whether it’s High School Musical’s hottie Zac Efron or your brother’s blue-eyed best friend. Once you’re in a relationship, other options may seem better. Stick with your honey and you will benefit in the long run.
2. Party animal: Get your priorities in order. There is no need to go to snazzy clubs and bars every weekend with your single friends. Not only are you sending out the wrong message to the single people you run into, but to your love as well.
3. Selfishness: Be considerate of what’s important to your significant other. It’s not just your feelings you have to worry about now, it’s theirs too. Do some of the things you don’t want to do and the same will be done for you. Remember, you two are a team.
4. Flirtiness: Boundaries need to be set between you and members of the opposite sex. Don’t be too friendly; some may take your kindness for interest in them. Always be aware of body language, the things you say, the way you say them.
5. Late night texting: Avoid texting the opposite sex after 11 o’clock. Indeed, there may be nothing going on but it tends to look suspicious. Anything you have to say can most likely wait until morning. Don’t give your sweetie anything to worry about.
What are some single traits to leave behind to better your relationship? Share your thoughts with us!